Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Premier Reward Gold Card Approved!

tag
estukay
New Contributor

AMEX Premier Reward Gold Card Approved!

Hello, I would like to share my recent apporoval of one of a card I was really looking to get for a while.

I got an invite to apply for the American Express PRG with an RSVP number. I was not looking for applying but I thought why not since I got a sign up bonus of 25000 MR points after $1,000 dollar spend in 3 months. Since I am looking to buy a new phone and a round trip flight to visit my family in my home state, which is why the 3x airline category attracted to me since I am not a frequent flyer for any single airline, I thought I could knock that out with it. I am so happy to have grown and matured my credit to this point. 

I started with 1 credit card with 1000 dollar limit and now I have came to this point. This is my second card this year, with Amazon Prime Visa Signature being my first one.

I am glad to have an AMEX charge and revolver combination.

If you guys have any questions let me know, and I would appreciate any tips or tricks to maintain and keep my relationship healthy with American Express.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Premier Reward Gold Card Approved!

Congrats on the Gold and the PRG!  Were they instantly approved?  I ask because right now my Amex BCE is still in "processing" status.  The wait/weight is really starting to grind on me, especially after I was prequalified online.  I wish I could offer you advice, but I'm asking a question instead.  Smiley Happy   Congrats again, I've read a lot of great things about the 3x CLIs.  

Message 2 of 9
estukay
New Contributor

Hey CaptainJ, 

Yes the PRG was instantly approved, but I have had a BCE with them since 2014, so they have had my business for 3 years to decide if they wanted to continue, well at least that is my theory.

But maybe try giving them a call whenever you can to check up on it.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 4 of 9
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Add another revolver since it will be the same hp if approved and no hp if denied? Just throwing that out there.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 5 of 9
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Nice approval! Congrats Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your new card. I agree with 601, if you desire another revolver you may be able to pick one up for same hp, though as always YmmvSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@601fluguy wrote:
Add another revolver since it will be the same hp if approved and no hp if denied? Just throwing that out there.

Would that work for me, too?  I was approved for a BCE today, but the HP was probably 12-13 days ago.  I guess that question is to everyone, because I often see different people answer differently to questions on here.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's been my DD since December and everything has been great except that some merchants still don't accept amex!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.