Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Premier Rewards GOLD APPROVED!

Congrats!! I love that card!
Message 21 of 30
drboxing
Established Contributor

Have a question, what was the time span between your first AMEX card and you applying for the AMEX Gold?

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! 

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drboxing wrote:
Have a question, what was the time span between your first AMEX card and you applying for the AMEX Gold?

5 Years since my first card and applied April of this year also my first card was Blue Sky.

Message 24 of 30
drboxing
Established Contributor

Thanks for responding

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not posting to hijack your thread - First, "Congrats" Smiley Happy and then to "+1" for me tonight I guess Smiley Happy

I came home and opened the mail around 9PM and there was a Gold Invite (had gotten 2-3 invites over the yrs but always passed) - Then got a Platinum, but don't travel quite as much as I used to, to justify the $495/AF - so when I got this one (plus I've been on a 'spree' all weekend with my new scores and 4 dropped HP's) I went ahead and 'accepted their invite' ... I wasn't sure it'd get approved despite having a $0 Bal Blue Cash AMEX for 14 months now which use to death... So going to a 'charge card' with no credit limit - Gotta be careful... Anywho - I filled in the usual Q&A stuff - and the icon thingy it sat and spun for about a minute!? and I started thinking then for sure I was gonna get the decline or "we'll let you know" treatment... but sure enough, it popped up "Approved" (yeah!) as I've never had anything higher than a Green or Blue AMEX card before - so this is a slight step up... Once I start travelling more, maybe then I'll ask for an upgrade (if possible?) to the Platinum later (like 2-3 yrs from now) but this should suit my needs fine Smiley Happy Happy camper!

What was really amazing was they gave me the option to wait for the card in the mail - or give me the number right now tonight via text or email?! Say WHAT? So of course I took it tonight - and then loaded it straight into my iPhone (sorry CreditOne - had to bump ya! LOL) as you can only put 10 cards in on an iPhone I guess... But thought it was kinda funny that AMEX wastes NO time getting you into 'spend mode' by issuing your number and walking you thru step by step how to load it onto ApplePay Smiley Happy Too funny...

Anyway - I've researched my last Q before - and read on Forbes or Motley Fool "how" CRA's handle a BAL and "No Credit Limit" ?? - b/c for sure it's gotta twig with your UTIL till it's PIF, no? Does anyone have a definitive answer as how they handle that for Utilization and your scores? Basically I read it goes down as a 'different' kind of credit and doesn't impact your score -up or down- one way or the other (unless obviously you don't pay) - Shame shame shame (ode to GofT sorry) - Smiley Happy but seriously, if you plunk $10K down on 1st class travels, surely that has to impact your UTIL or score somehow, no? Maybe not... I need to go and dig that article up again...

OK - I'll quit rambling - Just stoked with (most) of my conquests... 2 outta 3 aint' bad and I've not given up on Barclays just yet - I wanna hear their excuse... If it's AAoA then they have me dead to rights -- but I'll live with my new BoA and Amex Gold Card till they realize the error of their ways Smiley Happy (just kidding - it's midnight and I'm punch drunk from battling this 'system' all weekend now into Monday) - but pleased mostly with the end results -

Good luck to all! Smiley Happy

Cheers -

BB Smiley Happy

AMEX-GOLD-2018.png

PS; Been about 2 hours since I did all this - and not a peep outta any of my apps or watchdogs - Do you think I got by with this on just a Soft Pull??? I'll update if that changes - but looks like for now, no HP was done! Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 30
drboxing
Established Contributor

Congrats. Enjoy the card

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks Doc. It’s like waiting for Christmas waiting for this card to arrive! Already booked 2 flights to get my initial offer locked in and rewards. I’d forgotten about their concierge service. Last time used was for floor tix at a Spurs finals game. Amazing. Smiley Happy

You don’t have to answer this, but while reading this thread I see you’re kind of Capt. Amex here with your 4+ Platinum, blue, Silver, gold, etc cards... Am curious if you saw a bump in your credit score once a charge card posted?

I didn’t realize that Amex was (is) the •last• proper “charge card” left after Diners Club bit the dust!?! (Guess they got bought out by Discover?) but either way - just curious how FICO responds to a charge card??

Lastly it seems I got this off a soft pull! No sign of any pulls anywhere?!? So guess they pulled my Amex Blue Cash card and went from that? Excellent if so.

Thanks!

B.B.
Message 28 of 30
drboxing
Established Contributor

I have Amex Biz Plat, delta blue and Platinum and Amex SPG. The one I use the most is Biz Platinum. Didn’t see a huge jump in my scores

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Thats quite the array! Thanks for the quick reply and for the feedback. My 2019-2020 goal is 800+ so am always trying to tabulate cause and effect.

Best!
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.