Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Approval

I was approved for the AMEX Premier Rewards Gold card on 02/16/18 with a soft pull on EX

FICO: EX 723

Payment History- Immaculate

Utilization - 8%

Accounts with balance- 1

Age of oldest account- 21 months

AAoA- 9 months

Inquiries-9 in the last 12 months (5 from an auto loan app)

2 in the last 6 months

0 in the last 3 months

I would need clarification on these issues:

1. I have read it is possible to get the $100 airline fee credit following purchase of a Delta gift card for example.

2. I have also read that I could actually get the airline fee credit TWICE during the first year

Please, how true is this and how do I go about it?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Approval

CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

First off congratulations on your new card! And yes because of when you apped you can technically get the airline credit twice before your AF hits next year. This is because the incidental $100 credit is reset every calendar and not membership year so you can double dip so to speak if you decide to cancel/downgrade/upgrade the card next year.

Message 3 of 10
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Be sure to check the thread on FlyerTalk on how to get the Amex airline credit by buying gift cards.  I know for Delta, you will not get the credit if you buy a single $100 eCert.  Two $50 eCerts seems to work, though.

And yes, you can get it twice in your first year owning the card (once before Jan 1 and once after).

Of course, you can also get the credit from actual incidentals charges.  I'm taking a few flights later this year so I got much of my credit for this year buying seat assignments.

Message 4 of 10
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Congrats and thanks for the DP!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 5 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!

1.) After choosing Delta as your airline with Amex, go to delta.com on a desktop/laptop (mobile browsers will process as a 3rd party gift card company, not Delta) and purchase two $50 eGift cards (not physical) in a single transaction.  You will see that in a few days, there will be two charges for $50 from Delta and two $50 credits from Amex.

2.) The credit is by calendar year, so as long as you don't sign upo for the card at the very beginning of January, yes you could get it once in 2018 and again in 2019.  A word of caution, Amex is giving out harsher language about signup bonuses and credits for churners who max out the credits like this and then cancel at the earliest opportunity.  Check your card agreement.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir, MrDisco99, and K-in-Boston, thank you for the detail.

I would follow the outlined steps, and update as soon as I get credit.
Thank you all, for you are far too kind.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re on a roll. Congrats.
Message 8 of 10
601flyguy
Established Contributor

I love my prg, its really helped me build history with amex. American Airlines gc worked for me.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE

I purchased two $50 delta airline gift cards (electronic) on 02/22/2018 and got reimbursed, a day after it posted on the 02/25/18.

In short, I wonder why I didn't discover this forum soon enough!  I also wonder what memorizing the formula on how to calculate the area of a 3-dimensional solid has helped my financial life.

Thank you all for your counsel!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.