cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Recon

umok
Valued Member

AMEX Recon

I was approved for an AMEX Everyday card last week with a $2,000 SL.  I currently have some pretty healthy SLs on other cards including AMEX Cash Magnet- 16k, NFCU More Rewards- 15k, Discover IT 8.5k, so I was surprised to get such a measly SL on the Everyday card. 

As soon as I was approved I hit the chat button and spoke to a rep; their advice was to immeditely apply for a CLI on the card.  The CLI was denied.  I later called and spoke with a rep and their suggestion was to call and speak with someone once I received the card in the mail; it came today.

What I'd like to know is if its even worth calling.  I get the feeling that immediately requesting the CLI was the wrong action and now I'm concerned that any call will be fruitless.  What do you all think?  I'm kind of bummed that I took a HP for such a small line, plus I wanted to take advantage of the balance trasfer on the card, but I can't really do much with 2k.  If I do call, what is the best number to reach the recon team?

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Recon

Congratulations on your approval!!! Give it time and just request a 3xCLI when the time comes.

Message 2 of 13
umok
Valued Member

If I do that, I'll miss out on the benefit of the balance transfer.  Thats why I'm looking for a higher SL now.

Message 3 of 13
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@umok wrote:

If I do that, I'll miss out on the benefit of the balance transfer.  Thats why I'm looking for a higher SL now.

Well you know what you need to do then. 

Message 4 of 13
dragontears
Valued Contributor

@umok wrote:

I was approved for an AMEX Everyday card last week with a $2,000 SL.  I currently have some pretty healthy SLs on other cards including AMEX Cash Magnet- 16k, NFCU More Rewards- 15k, Discover IT 8.5k, so I was surprised to get such a measly SL on the Everyday card. 

As soon as I was approved I hit the chat button and spoke to a rep; their advice was to immeditely apply for a CLI on the card.  The CLI was denied.  I later called and spoke with a rep and their suggestion was to call and speak with someone once I received the card in the mail; it came today.

What I'd like to know is if its even worth calling.  I get the feeling that immediately requesting the CLI was the wrong action and now I'm concerned that any call will be fruitless.  What do you all think?  I'm kind of bummed that I took a HP for such a small line, plus I wanted to take advantage of the balance trasfer on the card, but I can't really do much with 2k.  If I do call, what is the best number to reach the recon team?

Thoughts?

Can you move some of your cash magnet credit line to the new card? 

Scores hover around 800
Haven't been AZEO in over a year
Rome was not built in a day, neither is a good credit profile
Message 5 of 13
AllZero
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 6 of 13
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 13
Steve891
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Amex Everyday approval! You can move some CL from your Cash Magnet over to your new Everyday card for BT.

Message 8 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Amex doesn't really do recons. You can have a CSR forward your request to an analyst/underwriter. Tell them what you want and why and if you're ok with another HP. They might call you.

Message 9 of 13
umok
Valued Member

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Amex doesn't really do recons. You can have a CSR forward your request to an analyst/underwriter. Tell them what you want and why and if you're ok with another HP. They might call you.

Thanks for addressing my primary question, and for taking the time to answer.  Cheers!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.