Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Schwab Platinum, Gold, and Green Approvals

tag
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

AMEX Schwab Platinum, Gold, and Green Approvals

I have been an AMEX customer since January 2020 with business cards (six charge and four revolvers) but have not had my own AMEX personal cards (due to wanting to stay under Chase 5/24) other than being an authorized user on a Blue Cash Preferred since 2013. I decided to apply for the Schwab Platinum which requires logging into my Schwab account so forth during that process and was instantly approved (100,000 MR points after $6,000 spend in six months) but there was an HP on both EX and TU even though I have plenty of business card history with them now. After the Schwab Platinum approval, I thought I might as well apply for the Gold card also through the Resy link for 75,000 MR points after $4,000 spend in six months plus 20% back on dining up to $250 for the first twelve months. That was also an instant approval without an additional HP. The following evening, I decided I should have also applied for the Green card at the same time due to some upcoming expenses that perfectly match its earning so I applied for the Green card also again through the Resy link for 50,000 MR points after $2,000 spent in six months plus 20% back on dining up to $150 for the first twelve months. This was, unfortunately, another HP on EX and TU but was also instantly approved. All three applications were done while I was logged in to my AMEX account. EX was 801 (as shown by letter from AMEX) and TU was about 808 at time of approvals. I'm happy to have all of my AMEX Charge cards covered which I have been waiting on for over two years. Now that I have applied for and been approved for four business and six personal cards in the last couple of weeks, it is time to take a break for quite a while.

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Schwab Platinum, Gold, and Green Approvals

Congrats on your new AMEX cards

Message 2 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Wowzers.JPG

Congrats on all of those approvals!  Nice haul 😃

Also, thanks for sharing some great DPs, which corroborates what @coldfusion, myself and others have mentioned throughout the forums to dispel the notion that despite of being an American Express cardmember (as evidenced by your signature) one could still get a HP on future cards. As always, YEMV, but it goes to show you it can happen. I'm saving/using your approval post as an example 😁 

It is peculiar, though, that the Gold Card was not HP but the Green Card was. Another peculiarity was the TU and EX double-whammy on your Schwab Platinum Card and Green Card.

So, not bad for 3 charge cards a few days apart. And, just for DPs, was the Gold and Green applied via logged into your account? Did you apply incognito? Were both Gold and Green pre-approved or not?

Message 3 of 13
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Wowzers.JPG

Congrats on all of those approvals!  Nice haul 😃

Also, thanks for sharing some great DPs, which corroborates what @coldfusion, myself and others have mentioned throughout the forums to dispel the notion that despite of being an American Express cardmember (as evidenced by your signature) one could still get a HP on future cards. As always, YEMV, but it goes to show you it can happen. I'm saving/using your approval post as an example 😁 

It is peculiar, though, that the Gold Card was not HP but the Green Card was. Another peculiarity was the TU and EX double-whammy on your Schwab Platinum Card and Green Card.

So, not bad for 3 charge cards a few days apart. And, just for DPs, was the Gold and Green applied via logged into your account? Did you apply incognito? Were both Gold and Green pre-approved or not?

Thank you! I was logged in for all approvals. I forgot to mention (and will update the post above) that I applied for the Gold and Green through the Resy links for better offers but did login to apply and autofill my information. None of the cards were pre-approved. I have yet to see any pre-approvals from AMEX on anything but, up to this point, I have only had business cards with them.

AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 4 of 13
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Amex Schwab Platinum, Gold, and Green approvals . . . fantastic run!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 5 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex Schwab Platinum, Gold, and Green approvals!!

Message 6 of 13
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

You could have saved money and invested it in your account instead of getting the Gold and Green, Everyday and Everyday preferred have less MR points but you earn 20%-50% bonus, $95 AF and no AF.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 13
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@Mdowning30 wrote:

You could have saved money and invested it in your account instead of getting the Gold and Green, Everyday and Everyday preferred have less MR points but you earn 20%-50% bonus, $95 AF and no AF.

That's true but those bonus categories don't fit my spend patterns well enough. I would easily blow through the $6000 cap on grocery purchases in 2-3 months since I have a big family. I will probably even exceed the $25,000 cap on the Gold which is why I will also be using my Chase Aeroplan for groceries. Also, there is no travel category on the EveryDay and EveryDay Preferred cards which I use quite a bit. I appreciate your suggestion though.

Message 8 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You have had a pretty good run with Amex, grats on it all Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your AMEX Approvals! 🤑👍👍

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.