Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Welcomed me to the family

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Welcomed me to the family

I check the prequals site almost weekly, always nothing. Last week pre approved for BCE & ED w/ locked APR 15/mo 0% purchases & BT.

Applied for the ED on Saturday as I have a few cash back cards, recieved 7-10 message. Got a call on Monday, Amex says I have a fraud alert on my EX and needed to verify info, he approved me and said he was expiditing the card. FF to today the card shows up. I noticed the HP Monday AM. 

$1000!!! Middle of the pack of my CL, but I'm happy to be in the fam. And knowing in 61days that could be my highest CL @ 3k is awesome!

After reading a few threads, it seems alot of had good luck with applying for a second card and getting a higher CL, worst case it's just a SP as I am now a cardholder correct? Also any suggestions on which card to apply for? I'm thinking delta gold (although it kinda defeats purpose of ED for the miles..) as I do some traveling. Should I just do the BCE or the delta gold? Any other ideas? - I don't see myself ever applying for a charge card, although I never thought I would have an Amex! After this next app, HERE COMES THE GARDEN!!!!!

Fico 08 ranging 656-682, 656EX, 7-10 inqs

$400 Credit 1, $500 Capital 1 Secured, $600 Capital 1 QS1, $1300 NFCU Cash Rewards $1800 Disco IT $1000 Amex ED

May 16 Starting score - 498 - Almost 200 points in 1 year!!!!!!!!! Can't wait until Aug when my 2 baddies drop off, tons of inquiries, and CLI's / aging. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Welcomed me to the family

Congrats and welcome to the Amex family!!..Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting approvedSmiley Happy. Many of us have had success getting a charge and revolver for 1 hp but a few have gotten 2 revolvers. Not out of the realm though i figure its normally 5 days in between revolvers. If a possible 2nd hp is not too much to bear , go for the other card you want, you just may get it. Just be prepared for possibility of not getting it plus hp. Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Stupid question, but the delta gold is like any other CC but get extra points when used on delta flights + other delta related perks? Any history with doing a BT to a delta gold?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats on your AMEX ED approval Ohsnaps! Don't forget that you'll have the 3x CLI to look forward to! 😊
Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No stupid questionsSmiley Wink Not sure as i dont have one so hopefully someone with a Delta that has done a BT. Can chip it in.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the Amex approval! Hit the garden and let the cards you have grow nicely for you!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.