Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX american express cash magnet approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX american express cash magnet approved

I was looking for a BT card to drop my utilization and interest costs on the revolving debt I am carrying. I wasn't confident in which one to apply for after being denied for the BofA bankamericard in may and today just before looking for pre-approved offers on amex website.

I decided to go for it with "fico bankcard score 8" scores at 678 eq, 706 tu, and 699 ex.

My benchamark fico score 8's are:                                            691 eq, 706 tu, and 700 ex.

Overall utilization 32%, no cards over 68% utilization.

Approved for $5,400. Nice so I am going to utilized 28% of the new card with a BT from a Walmart card.

Note: I currently have amex blue cash everyday with $760 balance and a $1,000 limit. Last statement was $261 (not sure if they care about the balance or not). Then I went to apply for the everyday card on the site and they warned me not to complete the application and let me cancel before getting another inquiry.

Hope this helps if anyone is on this cusp. I feel like I am finally able to garden effectively and will be getting overall utilization below 30% this month. Also decreasing interest expenses and eliminating credit card debt in general will be nice. Scores should go up rapidly this year.

Reply to thread if anyone has any questions. I have been working on this for about 3 years and this was a productive year as I have had a much higher income than in years past.

13 REPLIES 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX american express cash magnet approved

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 14
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations my friend, and welcome to the Magnet club, enjoySmiley LOLCongratulations_misti.gif

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new Amex Cash Magnet! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, and thanks for sharing the DP's

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 6 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats Centurion on the approval

You said,
“Then I went to apply for the everyday card on the site and they warned me not to complete the application and let me cancel before getting another inquiry.”

I don’t think I’ve read of this happening before. It would be great if other CCs did the same.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 14
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new Amex!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was strange indeed. The website said I was preapproved and then when I entered all the same information it said I was not approved or not qualified but gave me the option to proceed or cancel. I said ok this is a sign to slow the roll.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:
Congrats Centurion on the approval

You said,
“Then I went to apply for the everyday card on the site and they warned me not to complete the application and let me cancel before getting another inquiry.”

I don’t think I’ve read of this happening before. It would be great if other CCs did the same.

I have never of that before either. It sure does save everyone wasted time though.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.