Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX and PenFed approvals

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX and PenFed approvals

Sweet, grats to all your new credit and continued success moving forward!

Message 11 of 27
TIPPY-BOB
Regular Contributor

Congratulations 🎈🎉🎊 

Thanks for sharing your story of setbacks, struggles, and success!

Most inspirational. And educational. 

It's easy for us to want an overnight or 12 month comeback, but it takes more time, patience, and persistence. 

I hope your blessings are manifesting themselves in all areas of your life and business. 

Thanks again for sharing 🙏

Message 12 of 27
sauciefarr
New Contributor

@TIPPY-BOB wrote:

Congratulations 🎈🎉🎊 

Thanks for sharing your story of setbacks, struggles, and success!

Most inspirational. And educational. 

It's easy for us to want an overnight or 12 month comeback, but it takes more time, patience, and persistence. 

I hope your blessings are manifesting themselves in all areas of your life and business. 

Thanks again for sharing 🙏

Thank you.  I came too strong out of the gate in the beginning and had to learn patience and restraint, which wasn't easy because that isn't my personality.  It is nice to finally see things coming around.  I have learned a lot from the forum --- am still learning all of the time.  It is a great reference tool!  I have told all of my friends about the forum! Sadly, due to this COVID crisis, many people will able to benefit from the information here.  It is certainly a wonderful resource for information, encouragement, and tough love when needed.

6/26/2023. FICO 8 EX 793; EQ 790; TU 792. AMEX Platinum NPSL; AMEX Gold NPSL; AMEX Cash Magnet 10,000; PenFed PCR Visa 12,500; PenFed Pathfinder 15,000; PenFed Gold Visa 10,000; PenFed LOC 10,000; Macys AMEX 25,000; Home Depot 25,000; NFCU Plat Visa 30,000; NFCU Plat MC 15,000; USAA AMEX 6000; USAA Cash Rewards VISA 20,000; IKEA 19,200; Venmo VISA 20,000; SamsClub MC 20,000; Discover 19,600, Citibank Aadvantage MC 9800; Pottery Barn 19,700; Williams-Sonoma $15,000; FNBO VISA Signature $14,000; Sportsmans Guide VISA $12,400; Sephora VISA Signature $11,900
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sauciefarr wrote:

I am mostly a lurker, but I do post every now and then.  I have been on a credit rebuild for about five years.  Had I found this forum sooner, I think I would be further along in my credit journey, but I absolutely believe that all of my credit success is due to the things I read on this forum.  

I periodically check the AMEX preapproval site, and never have had any offers.  A couple of days ago, to my surprise, I had three preapproved AMEX cards pop up --- gold, platinum, and the Blue Cash Preferred.  My credit has been steadily improving, and I had no inquiries in the past twelve months (although I did recently get a SG Visa with a SP using the SCT), so I decided to go for it.  After reading about the differences between the gold and platinum, I decided that the hefty AF of the platinum compared to the benefits wasn't a fit for me, so I pulled the trigger on the gold and was instantly approved.  I then went to the forum to find out if I could get a second card with the same HP.  After reading some of the threads, I applied for the BCP and was instantly approved.  Only one HP for both cards. 

I then went to my Sync accounts and requested CLIs -- received $9000 of increases.

Emboldened by my success, I sauntered over to PenFed (I had opened a savings account there a couple of years ago, following advice on the forum) and requested a Gold VISA -- instantly approved for $10,000 with a 12-month 0% balance transfer!  Since I already had the HP, I went ahead and requested another PenFed card (Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature) and received the message "we are reviewing your application".  I assumed it was going to be a decline and decided that it is obviously time to wait it out in the garden!!  While typing this message (for real), I received an email congratulating me on my approval -- $12,500 SL on the PCR card!  Again, one HP.  Interest rates aren't the best, but time will take care of that.  I cannot stress enough how important this forum has been to me these past few years.  After my 20-year marriage ended and my company went bankrupt, it was so demoralizing to have no money and eventually no credit.  It is empowering to stand on my own two feet and feel like a responsible consumer, and I couldn't have done it without all of the help and encouragement found here.  For those of you just starting your rebuilding, hang in there -- there is a light at the end of the tunnel that is NOT a train!

Now, oddly enough, there are more cards coming up as preapproved with AMEX, but I haven't applied.  I did see that some people got three cards in a short period of time, but I'm not feeling that brave......

Thanks again for everything.  This forum does real work and allows for real accomplishment.

Congratulations on all your approvals! 🥳 The Garden welcomes you! 🪴 

Which is the SG Visa, please? 🙏🏻I'm not seeing the acronym in the acronyms list. Clearly, I don't know them all. I'm still in the bulrushes of credit rebuilding. 😁😇

Message 14 of 27
sauciefarr
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sauciefarr wrote:

I am mostly a lurker, but I do post every now and then.  I have been on a credit rebuild for about five years.  Had I found this forum sooner, I think I would be further along in my credit journey, but I absolutely believe that all of my credit success is due to the things I read on this forum.  

I periodically check the AMEX preapproval site, and never have had any offers.  A couple of days ago, to my surprise, I had three preapproved AMEX cards pop up --- gold, platinum, and the Blue Cash Preferred.  My credit has been steadily improving, and I had no inquiries in the past twelve months (although I did recently get a SG Visa with a SP using the SCT), so I decided to go for it.  After reading about the differences between the gold and platinum, I decided that the hefty AF of the platinum compared to the benefits wasn't a fit for me, so I pulled the trigger on the gold and was instantly approved.  I then went to the forum to find out if I could get a second card with the same HP.  After reading some of the threads, I applied for the BCP and was instantly approved.  Only one HP for both cards. 

I then went to my Sync accounts and requested CLIs -- received $9000 of increases.

Emboldened by my success, I sauntered over to PenFed (I had opened a savings account there a couple of years ago, following advice on the forum) and requested a Gold VISA -- instantly approved for $10,000 with a 12-month 0% balance transfer!  Since I already had the HP, I went ahead and requested another PenFed card (Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature) and received the message "we are reviewing your application".  I assumed it was going to be a decline and decided that it is obviously time to wait it out in the garden!!  While typing this message (for real), I received an email congratulating me on my approval -- $12,500 SL on the PCR card!  Again, one HP.  Interest rates aren't the best, but time will take care of that.  I cannot stress enough how important this forum has been to me these past few years.  After my 20-year marriage ended and my company went bankrupt, it was so demoralizing to have no money and eventually no credit.  It is empowering to stand on my own two feet and feel like a responsible consumer, and I couldn't have done it without all of the help and encouragement found here.  For those of you just starting your rebuilding, hang in there -- there is a light at the end of the tunnel that is NOT a train!

Now, oddly enough, there are more cards coming up as preapproved with AMEX, but I haven't applied.  I did see that some people got three cards in a short period of time, but I'm not feeling that brave......

Thanks again for everything.  This forum does real work and allows for real accomplishment.

Congratulations on all your approvals! 🥳 The Garden welcomes you! 🪴 

Which is the SG Visa, please? 🙏🏻I'm not seeing the acronym in the acronyms list. Clearly, I don't know them all. I'm still in the bulrushes of credit rebuilding. 😁😇

It is the Sportsman's Guide Visa.  I tried to get it for a couple of years via the Shopping Card Trick.  I just kept checking in every now and then --- go to the site -- www.sportsmansguide.com -- and add a couple of things to the cart.  When checking out, you will HOPEFULLY get a pop-up from Comenity indicating a pre-approval with no HP.  I heard for that some people were getting a HP, but I did not.  $2500 SL.  Make sure your pop-up blocker is OFF.  I clicked on "join the buyers club" when at the check-out page.  After I got the approval, I closed the window and did not make a purchase.  It's really just hit-or-miss, I think.  Good luck.

6/26/2023. FICO 8 EX 793; EQ 790; TU 792. AMEX Platinum NPSL; AMEX Gold NPSL; AMEX Cash Magnet 10,000; PenFed PCR Visa 12,500; PenFed Pathfinder 15,000; PenFed Gold Visa 10,000; PenFed LOC 10,000; Macys AMEX 25,000; Home Depot 25,000; NFCU Plat Visa 30,000; NFCU Plat MC 15,000; USAA AMEX 6000; USAA Cash Rewards VISA 20,000; IKEA 19,200; Venmo VISA 20,000; SamsClub MC 20,000; Discover 19,600, Citibank Aadvantage MC 9800; Pottery Barn 19,700; Williams-Sonoma $15,000; FNBO VISA Signature $14,000; Sportsmans Guide VISA $12,400; Sephora VISA Signature $11,900
Message 15 of 27
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 16 of 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals and CLI!

Message 17 of 27
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and increases! Win win all around!

Message 18 of 27
Demented1
Established Contributor

WOW @sauciefarr AWESOME news and great narrative…enjoy your well-deserved cards and CLI’s that have added to the leverage that will take you to the next level.

Message 19 of 27
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the approvals! 🙂

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.