Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX approval after BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX approval after BK

@jace8602 wrote:

Guys, there is hope! I have a discharged BK Ch 7 from 02/15/2011 and burned AMEX for about $3k. After reading some posts here about people getting approved with a BK on file I decided to take the plunge. Instantly approved for the Delta Gold $3k and PRG. I thought I would share, it has been a good night!

That is awesome! Congrats!

Message 21 of 26
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@jace8602 wrote:

@cem13 wrote:

What does your file look like?

Well as far as cards that I have you can see those in my signature, AAoA about 2 years, about 13 inquiries, and 1 collection from Comcast that I'm fighting to have removed. I was added to a friend's 3 Amex accounts as an AU so I'm not sure if that helped. 

You must have somehow escaped the blacklist altogether.  If you are on the BL, AMEX will not alllow you to be even an AU on someone else's account.

I'm  happy for you, but this seems like a true anomaly.  Normally you can't even get an A/U and you certainly can't get your own account with them in less than 10 years if you burned them (IIB).  If you did not burn them, it seems that 5 years post is thei new time period at which they will allow you back in.

Hope to hear of more cases like this, but I'm thinking somebody forgot to put your name on the master blacklist.

Message 22 of 26
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@padme wrote:

Got denied by AMEX after burning them in BK7 also.. wasted a HPSmiley Sad

But my understanding is if they are on the BL, they will not pul your credit, so maybe you are not on the BL but simply getting a regular denial for having a BK?  This latter situation is far preferable since it means you be able to get back in soon.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that is amazing! Congrats! I can't even go there after burning them in 2008 in  a Chapter 13.  

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there is hope after BK.  Ch7 discharged 02/2012.  Burned Amex for 1k.  Began rebuilding with subprime cards;  Legacy, (1100.00), Show, (1500.00), Care Credit, (2200.00), CreditOne, (1850.00), Merrick, (2400.00),CapOne Quicksilver, (600.00 and 1250.00), then Barclays, (7500.00).  Then, after finding this site, used the Comenity info to get Sportsmans Guide, (1500.00).  Followed with CapOne Venture, (9600.00), BBy, (1500.00), Walmart, (1500.00), Target, (1000.00), and AmazonPrime, (1700.00).  Current fako scores are Exp. 715 and Transunion 705.  Finally applied to Amex Blue Cash.  Instant appvl. for 5000.00.  Was amazed.  Since bk have no missed pmts, current credit usage is 4%.  Have faith!  You can make it!

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval OP! That is great news to hear. 

I will look into getting in to AmEx in a couple of years or so. I did not burn them in BK7 from almost 3 years ago. I think it is too early now, but this gives me some hope!

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.