Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX finally likes me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX finally likes me

I turned 50 over the winter and had never had my own AMEX card.  I was turned off my the AF when I was younger, then got divorced a couple of times and was poor as a church mouse for years, so it was irrelevant.  I have finally gotten my financial ducks in a row in the past 4-5 years, and took the plunge with AMEX:

1. 45 days ago I got approved for a Delta Skymiles Gold, $1000 SL

2. today, got instant approval on a BCE, $1000 SL, 666 FICO per AMEX's website. 

I don't know why specifically, but there's something cool about carrying an AMEX card.  I have also found that some merchants don't like them much...asked my barber if they take AMEX, he said "yeah, if that's all you have".  He went on to say that he strongly prefers MC and VISA, because his fees for AMEX and Discover are much higher. 

Between a couple of AMEX cards and my newly-minted AARP card, I feel like a grown-up.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX finally likes me

Congrats on becoming a grown up lolSmiley Happy. Its nice when we obtain somethng that makes us feel goodSmiley Happy. Now watch your little children growSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  It would be even better if being a grown-up didn't come with aching joints and gray hair, but it beats the alternative!

Message 3 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Aint that the truth Smiley Wink Was thinking of the AARP card as it has a really great bonus right now but when i went to apply some reason couldnt complete the transaction. Fate as a funny way of saying sll is good gor nowSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 12
cleanitup
Regular Contributor

congrats.  I love my Amex BCE

Message 5 of 12
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Congrats on gthe AMEX Love!!!  I have the same card! Heart

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats. Their merchant fees are stiff. Our favorite is to use the Amex BCP at the Neighborhood Market Walmart get 6% back and use their savings catcher for another 2 to 6 dollars back every week.    

Message 7 of 12
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy The BCE is the next one on my list and the Blue Business Plus.

Message 8 of 12
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Well done!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 9 of 12
drboxing
Established Contributor

congrats, I just was approved for the Delta Gold as well. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.