Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX love!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX love!

So, this morning I was whining about WF declining my app for their cash rewards card.  It really hurt my feelings.  lol

I went to the AMEX prequal site just for fun.  I had three offers and I was scared to app since my scores are all below 640.  I couldn't find any evidence of the pre-quals being solid, but I went for it. 

Guess what???   

APPROVED!  Instantly!  BCP.  I am so excited!!  My ego feels much better now.   CL is only $1000, but I don't need higher than that, anyway.  

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Lymin
New Contributor

Re: AMEX love!

Congrats, welcome to the family. I recently joined the AMEX family and was so surprised. Have fun with your BCE!

Gardening since 8/13/2016

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done, congrats on the Amex approval 

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So, this morning I was whining about WF declining my app for their cash rewards card.  It really hurt my feelings.  lol

I went to the AMEX prequal site just for fun.  I had three offers and I was scared to app since my scores are all below 640.  I couldn't find any evidence of the pre-quals being solid, but I went for it. 

Guess what???   

APPROVED!  Instantly!  BCP.  I am so excited!!  My ego feels much better now.   CL is only $1000, but I don't need higher than that, anyway.  

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Guess what???   

LOL. Too funny! 

Congrats on the BCP.

EDIT: Buy a punching bag to let out your frustration. It work wonders! 

Message 5 of 16
nrm
Frequent Contributor

You can blow dust into WF now. Congrats!
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the AMEX family!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting in with Amex. One of my favorite cards and has such potential to grow over time. Just read up on the 3x increase and see what works for you. Good luck.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up on the 3x increase.  I'll look into that. 

And thank to all who replied!

It's nice to share with people who get how exciting it can be. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the family 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.