Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX loves me again!!!

tag
HomeLoanSearch
Established Member

AMEX loves me again!!!

I previously had 5 AMEX cards go into collections to the tune of $11,000. I paid the entire $11,000 and AMEX gave me the Recovery Optima card with a $1,400 balance on April 14, 2021. Today I was pre-approved for the Platinum, Delta Reserve, and the Marriott Bonvoy!!! I'm back in AMEX's good graces!!!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX loves me again!!!

Congrats! But I think you mean $1400 limit, not balance. Smiley Wink

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 23
HomeLoanSearch
Established Member

You are correct!!😂😂 1400 limit!

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Congrats! But I think you mean $1400 limit, not balance. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 23
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Congrats! Welcome back!

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 4 of 23
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Just for a data point, did you pay the collections balance and get issued the new card at the same time or was there a gap in between?

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 5 of 23
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@HomeLoanSearch wrote:

Totally undestandable, you were typing while excited.  It's kind of like the $100,000 point signup bonuses we sometimes see!  Smiley Wink

Congratulations on your comeback.  Being prequalified for 3 $450+ AF cards definitely looks like they're ready to welcome you back in their good graces and would likely approve you for any card that made sense for you.  Are you planning to apply for anything or just celebrating?

Message 6 of 23
HomeLoanSearch
Established Member

I took them all!! 😂😂

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@HomeLoanSearch wrote:

Totally undestandable, you were typing while excited.  It's kind of like the $100,000 point signup bonuses we sometimes see!  Smiley Wink

Congratulations on your comeback.  Being prequalified for 3 $450+ AF cards definitely looks like they're ready to welcome you back in their good graces and would likely approve you for any card that made sense for you.  Are you planning to apply for anything or just celebrating?

Message 7 of 23
HomeLoanSearch
Established Member

@SDMarik wrote:

Just for a data point, did you pay the collections balance and get issued the new card at the same time or was there a gap in between?

I paid all of the collections and then was issued the Optima. It's been just about a year that I had the optima. I ran it up monthly but paid in full so I never carried a balance except the af when it posted.

Message 8 of 23
HomeLoanSearch
Established Member

And I was sent the application for the Optima within 30 days of paying everything.

@SDMarik wrote:

Message 9 of 23
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@HomeLoanSearch wrote:

Not to be confused with the WAAF 100 grand giveaway....  (might have been a bit before you moved here). 

Congrats to @HomeLoanSearch  on getting back in AMEX's good graces!

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.