Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX or CHASE? Update: Delta Gold Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX or CHASE? Update: Delta Gold Approved

Hello everyone! Happy easter! I just want to know what is my next move in building credit should be. My AAoa is 6 months only. Had experian FICO 8 score twice now and recent is 714. I have 3 cards cap1 platinum- $300 (up for CLI next month) Discover IT - $1750, BOA cash rewards - $500 (up for CLI next month too) all of these are UNsecured. No current loan. Here are the HP that I have EX- 3 EQ-4, TU-4 with 13-16% usage and 100% PIF. I know CK scores are not that impt but mine is TU-724, EQ-742.
CK says Fair approval odds for Chase Freedom and Excellent approval odds for AMEX cards. I want to get a new card with wither of the two but I don’t want to be denied. Should I wait until my cards reach 1 year or I have a good chance of being approved? I’m not in a hurry to get a new card though and can wait but hoping my AAoA will be good in the next 1-2 years. TIA Smiley Happy

**update 04 apil 2018

applied for AMEX for Gold Delta and was approved but very low CL - called AMEX and was told I can ask for CLI when I received the card. 

they HP on TU.

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to apply next?

Not an expert but applied to amex with ~700 scores across the board and less than 6mo history, now a happy amex member

You can check their pre-qual page but I think you'll get the amex, not sure about chase tho, I have to wait 2 years for a chase card lol

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Not an expert but applied to amex with ~700 scores across the board and less than 6mo history, now a happy amex member

You can check their pre-qual page but I think you'll get the amex, not sure about chase tho, I have to wait 2 years for a chase card lol

there is no pre-qualify page with AMEX. Also I signed-in my BOA account and saw something that was not there before- LUV button! but I chickened out, I feel like I already had alot of HP...

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

***update*** tried AMEX pre-qual on the desktop and they don’t have offers for me. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
***update*** tried AMEX pre-qual on the desktop and they don’t have offers for me. Smiley Sad

I'd say go for it, based on your scores you are very likely to get approved!

Also the HP on BoA CLI really isn't worth it IMO

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX or CHASE? Which one I have a good chance of getting?

Typically Amex is considered easier to get approved for. Apparently the charge cards are even easier than their credit cards, so if you have your eye on the Amex Plat or PRG that might be doable...but if you're in no rush may be best to play the waiting game and get your AAoA up first.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say it's almost certain that you'll be approved for any Amex card. On the other hand, if your credit history is less than 1 year, Chase is nearly impossible now.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i did chase recon for slate and one of the security questions was

Give me a revolving card older than a year? maybe 2 years?

I had but just one card older than 2 years old, every else revolving less than a year old.

gives me pause in apping for new cards with chase.. I was approved for chase slate with $1200. The analyst didn't exactly see what i saw on my credit report when he was asking me security questions? I told him abt PayPal xtra MC (10 mos old)  & Discover (2 months old) and Kohls (2 mos old)  and Cap1 (28 mos old). He couldn't see any on my report. He agreed with Cap1 but nothing else.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
I'd say it's almost certain that you'll be approved for any Amex card. On the other hand, if your credit history is less than 1 year, Chase is nearly impossible now.

even I am not Pre-qualified in their website?

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be fine even if there's no prequal offer. Also you may want to use the incognito method to get a higher signup bonus.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.