Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMX APPROVALS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMX APPROVALS

I got approved this afternoon by AMX for a Blue Magnet with starting limit of $2,000
Later this evening I applied for their business card since I am a small business owner and was approved for their Blue Business Cash card, got approved for $7,000

Was surprised I got approved since I had no business credit at all, I have been in business 19 years so I guess that helps.

Coincidently I got an email from Disovery today, they auto gave me a $200 CLI, went from $1750 to $1950

Pretty good day I would think, I am going to ask for a 3x CLI on my Magent card once I get it, see what happens.
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMX APPROVALS

Always a good day when you're the beneficiary of new credit and CLIs! Congrats, very nice! Good luck with the 3X CLI when the time comes - keep us posted!

Message 2 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!!
Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks will do, I will be calling Navy Federal Credit Union tomorrow about signing up for checking, if I join would it be too soon to get one of their credit cards? Their APR is between 15% -18.5%
Message 5 of 30
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the AMEX approvals.

I think you stand a good chance for a limit increase, but it'll probably be at 61 days. What you read previously about an early increase is pretty rare, but it does happen. No harm in asking. Smiley Happy

I'd apply for a card with Navy right away. Then I'd head to the garden for quite a while, maybe for a year or so..

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

That Chase Ink Busness card looks pretty tempting, $500 for spending $3000 in 3 months.

I got an exclusive invitation from Chase for one a few weeks ago, still have it.

Neither one of the AMX cards I just got have any rewards.
Message 7 of 30
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and CLI!

Message 8 of 30
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous, Chase is very sensitive to new accounts and inquiries. They might be OK at the time of your application, but they've been known to close new accounts if too many other cards are opened around the same time. They won't see your AMEX business account, but they will see the inquiry associated with it.

Another thing to keep in mind is Chase's 5/24 rule. That means when one has opened five or more cards within the past 24 months, applications will be denied. You're OK with 5/24 right now. The AMEX business card doesn't count because it won't show up on your personal credit report. And on October 1, your first card will no longer count against 5/24.

Also note that you're likely to see some score decreases as these new accounts report. This can be mitigated somewhat be keeping a lid on the balances that report. Keeping all reported card balances at 28.9% of their limits or below will keep lenders from becoming concerned. That doesn't mean you can't spend more than 28.9% of a card's limit during the month. But it does mean that you should lower its balance if necessary before the statement cuts.

If keeping all cards at 28.9% or below puts your scores lower than you'd like, you can improve them by lowering balances further. One card reporting a small balance (at least $5, but not much more) — with the rest reporting zero — will optimize your score. We call that AZEO (all zero except one). Somewhere between AZEO and 28.9% on all cards may be your sweet spot between an ideal score and convenience.

Because the AMEX business card isn't on your personal report and doesn't factor into your scores, you can be a little more flexible with your statement balances. The ideal thing here would be to pay your statement balance in full every month. If you're taking advantage of a 0% promo, make sure you take a big bite out if your balance each month. Never pay only the minimum except on a very occasional basis.

A more practical reason not to apply for too many cards at once is sign-up bonuses. It may be hard to meet the spending requirements if you have too many sign-up bonuses going at once.

Message 9 of 30
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Missed this. Smiley Happy

Unless I'm missing something, your Cash Magnet card should earn 1.5% on every purchase. And although I'm not totally sure about this, I believe the business card earns 2%.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.