Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMX APPROVALS

tag
alexgold9393
New Contributor

Re: AMX APPROVALS

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval and auto CLI, can you share some data points when you applied for Amex Cash Magnet. Its my next target and I have an itchy trigger finger. 

Open Accounts:

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

DP?? Not sure what you mean? I am new here
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the time of that application I had 741 FICO, 733 TU, 725 EQ income mid $20's

I am also a small business owner past 19 years

Hope this helps
Message 23 of 30
alexgold9393
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
At the time of that application I had 741 FICO, 733 TU, 725 EQ income mid $20's

I am also a small business owner past 19 years

Hope this helps

Thanks, it does

Open Accounts:

Message 24 of 30
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous,

DP = data point

sub = SUB = sign-up bonus

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My brother said for high balances pay at least 2% of the balance to keep score from being too affected, is this true?
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know when I apllied for that AMEX Magnet card dipsticks hit me with 8 point HP instead of the normal 4%
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My brother said for high balances pay at least 2% of the balance to keep score from being too affected, is this true?

With respect to balances, your score will be affected based upon your utilization as a percentage of your limits both on a per trade-line basis and an aggregated basis.  While any amount of utilization can influence your score there are a few key spots, 8.9%, 28.9%, and 79.9% being the most common.

While I'm not sure of any "rules" regarding paying 2% of your balance on a month, I would venture to guess this would be a tactic to keep you in the lender's good graces.  Of course, most credit cards have a 1-2% minimum payment each month anyway.  Ideally, you want to be paying more than the minimum to keep from suffering any AR.

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You know when I apllied for that AMEX Magnet card dipsticks hit me with 8 point HP instead of the normal 4%

"8 point HP", are you saying that you suffered a decrease of 8 points when the HP posted?

Assuming I'm reading this right, I'll point out that everyone is affected by HPs differently.  How many new accounts you have, the age of those accounts, how solid your history is, etc. all influence how an HP will interact with your score.  There was a point in time where HPs didn't affect me at all, now I'm sure I'll suffer at a 5 point hit on my next HP.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.