Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMX APPROVALS

Yes you are right, my mistake
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just talked with Navy Federal CU, opened a savings and checking account, they offer no 0% APR for any lenght of time, they offer one card thst offers 1.99% for 6 months but that's it, not really interested in paying interest on a CC when I have 2 with zero percent for over a year, what do you think? When those cards zero percent offers become expired I will get one of their cards.
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you
Message 14 of 30
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!! Yes, it was a good day indeed...   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just talked with Navy Federal CU, opened a savings and checking account, they offer no 0% APR for any lenght of time, they offer one card thst offers 1.99% for 6 months but that's it, not really interested in paying interest on a CC when I have 2 with zero percent for over a year, what do you think? When those cards zero percent offers become expired I will get one of their cards.

Most of us get Navy Federal cards because they tend to offer generous limits and decent sign up bonuses. NFCU was the first lender to give me $10K worth of credit after my BK and they blew the doors off which no doubt has been the driving force behind me obtaining two more $10K+ cards. They’re an excellent lender and they tend to offer 0-1.99% with $0 fee balance transfers to their members every year after the holiday season is over too. I definitely wouldn’t count them out just because of no intro APR when you have that elsewhere. 

Congrats on your approvals, you can go on the website and ask for a 3X CLI as soon as your account is set up. 

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up for everyday checking account and savings account Monday, since I got one personal credit card and a business credit card from AMX do you think I would be approved for a CC from NFCU? AMX only did one HP not two so I have just 2 inquires now on my record, one will come off in Sept also. Thanks
Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I signed up for everyday checking account and savings account Monday, since I got one personal credit card and a business credit card from AMX do you think I would be approved for a CC from NFCU? AMX only did one HP not two so I have just 2 inquires now on my record, one will come off in Sept also. Thanks

I definitely believe NFCU would approve you for a credit card as long as your DTI is low. I would pick any of them except the Flagship. The Flagship has a minimum $5K SL and they’ll deny it if they can’t qualify you for it. 

Since you have a lot of spend to do right now for your new SUBs, I would probably wait until you have met those targets unless another $3K wouldn’t be a problem in which case I recommend the More Rewards. It has 3X points on groceries and gas, 2X on dining, and 1X on everything else. The only downside to it is you have to rack up 5000 points to get $50 cash back but they offer gift cards starting at 1000 points for $10 Dominos or 2500 points for $25 at Amazon, Walmart, etc so it’s not a big deal. 

The Cash Rewards would be a duplicate of your Cash Magnet - 1.5% on all purchases - so I don’t recommend that one. 

The Go Rewards is only worth it if you spend more money on dining than groceries. The categories are 3X on restaurants, 2X on gas, and 1X on everything else. There’s also no sign up offer on this one while the More Rewards is 30K points ($300). 

The Platinum is a card I wouldn’t apply for until you need a balance transfer. It’s a no rewards card that comes with 0% interest on balance transfers for 12 months with no BT fee and while the APR on rewards cards starts at 11.9%, the Platinum can go as low as 8.24%. 

There’s no harm in waiting, just make sure when you do decide to apply that they have a SUB offer on the card you want. Around the holidays, all of the SUBs tend to get replaced with BT offers on all of their cards to help people get that holiday spending paid off and then the SUB offers come back. 

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's a sub?

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.