Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD Storytime! Edited

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AOD Storytime! Edited

Gather round ladies and gents and get comfy as I present to you our Adventures with AOD…

Back when I first posted that my hubs app’d for AOD checking/sav/Visa Siggy, he never heard from anyone for days.  If fact, had he not called several times he would have never heard from anyone.

Finally, on the 13th hubs gets a callback from a Branch Manager and was told everything was denied because his job was not in the state of Al (although his employer is in their Select Employer Group).  He was quite perturbed and the hard pull left a bad taste with him.  It took so long to sort out his application because they did see his employer qualification but decided because he was not working in that state to shut it down.  He suggested to let their IT people know to geo block so no one takes an unnecessary hard pull.

I felt bad for him.  I could not let his hard pull go to waste.  So, I did what any good wife would do, get a local membership to a club and sign-up for membership. Since I’m already here, might as well app for that snazzy Visa Sig card. 

My experience was the polar opposite of my husbands and the woman that worked on my application was simply amazing.  I signed up for checking/sav/Visa Sig and I did it w/o hubby’s income.  I only have SSDI as my own income and was approved for 10k @7.49%.  I was so impressed with how my lady handled my account I asked about getting hubby squared away and not letting that hard pull go to waste.  She took over and got him all set up, using that hard pull from the 10th.   They were doing an upgrade so not sure what his card is at…I’ll update that for DP’s

The customer service I received was just outstanding.  That alone has me confident and excited about this financial relationship.

I was asked to send a selfie with AODFCU on a piece of paper.  Hubby was also asked for the AODFCU selfie. Everything else was pretty standard.   

Recap My DP's:
EQ:803  Amt:10k APR:7.49
Will update hubby's tomorrow.
EDITED to add:
DH (Slackster) 
EQ5: 762 Amt:20k APR: 7.49%

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AOD Storytime!

Grats to your card there, pretty good SL & Apr Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Super Congrats on your AOD approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

The selfie request always throws everyone for a loop. AOD is the only credit union

I've ever come across to make such a requirement during an application process.

We look forward to hearing how things work out for your hubby. Thanks for sharing!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 23
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

No HP wasting!! I love it! 

Turned out pretty well for ya, Congratulations!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 4 of 23
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your AOD Visa Signature approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

No HP wasting!! I love it! 

Turned out pretty well for ya, Congratulations!!

I was not going to app for AOD just yet as I just opened an account at DCU but a wasted HP felt dirty!   It worked out well and I guess I was just meant to have AOD in my life now and not later Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Good luck on DH reconsideration!

Message 7 of 23
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!  Interesting adventures with AOD.

Message 8 of 23
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 9 of 23
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

Dear brother is still going through the process. We'll see how it goes. 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.