Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP SPREE DATAPOINTS: Approved for 2/3 Cards; CSP & AMEX BCE; Denied Savor One

tag
thatguycx
Valued Member

APP SPREE DATAPOINTS: Approved for 2/3 Cards; CSP & AMEX BCE; Denied Savor One

The credit file, banking history, etc at the time of applying can be found here. These stats are BEFORE applying for apps on this spree and I applied on 6/27/2020

Application #1: Chase Sapphire Preferred / CSP

Never got a mail offer; however, Chase did send me an email to apply for this card by July 1st. Also, on the my offers section of my Chase account and on the Credit Journey, it did not have a green star. But it did have that black/white star on it for me being pre-qualified for it and my APR was solid at 22.99% and not like a range. Yes, its high but I don't pay interest so.... and all I had to do was input my income and my phone number to submit the app. INSTANT-APPROVED FOR $7K!

Application #2: AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Card

I did check to see if I was prequalifed and I was. This was one of the three cards that I was qualified for. INSTANT APPROVED FOR $1K.

Application #3: Capital One Savor One (No Annual Fee)

Didn't check to see if I was pre-qualified or anything. Approved/Denied and Credit Limit? Denied.

The reasons for the denial:

• Based on your credit report from one or more of the agencies on the back of this letter, there
    have been too many recent inquiries
  • Based on your credit report from one or more of the agencies on the back of this letter, there
    are too many new revolving accounts
  • Based on your credit report from one or more of the agencies on the back of this letter,
    length of revolving credit history
  • Based on your credit report from one or more of the agencies on the back of this letter,
    number of personal finance loan(s)

So for the Savor, I'm not gonna be calling recon or anything mostly because I got what I mainly wanted, which was approval for the CSP and the AMEX to build that relationship. I already have a relationship with Cap One so this one I just took a chance with. I'll just be in the garden and growing with these two!

18 REPLIES 18
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: APP SPREE DATAPOINTS: Approved for 2/3 Cards; CSP & AMEX BCE; Denied Savor One

Congratulatons on the 2 approvals! Thank you also for sharing all this data with us! I hope you enjoy your new cards! Those are 2 great cards to have! 

Message 2 of 19
creatorprime
Valued Member

Re: APP SPREE DATAPOINTS: Approved for 2/3 Cards; CSP & AMEX BCE; Denied Savor One

congrats on your two approvels!

sorry for the 3rd but good run none the less 

Message 3 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 4 of 19
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎈🎉🍾🎊 

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 5 of 19
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 6 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM!!! Nice app spree! Congrats on the approvals!

Message 8 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the 2 you did get, pretty good SL on the CSP Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase Sapphire Preferred and Amex BCE approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.