Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP SPREE MOSTLT APPROVED

tag
Interestedincredit
Established Member

APP SPREE MOSTLT APPROVED

American Express PRG APPROVED (no pre set spending limit) 

Citi Forward APPROVED (2000.00)

Discover IT APPROVED (500.00)

Capital One Journey (PENDING)- Im almost 110% sure I will get approved for something its a Journey card lol and considering my other approvals 

Bank of America Student Card(DENIED)

Message 38 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
Interestedincredit
Established Member

12:01 tonight I'm Applying have a question?

After reading everyone's advice I put together a list of credit cards I would like to apply for. Please let me know if you think I will be approved or denied so I can cross that one off my list recap I'm turning 18 have established credit from being an authorized user on my dad's cards he currently is carrying some balances.

Here's my list:
(1) discover IT for students
(2) capital one journey for students
(3) citi simplicity
(4) NFCU cash rewards (still have to join)
(5) lowes store card
(6) sole type of American Express what do you guys recommend? Charge or revolver and what kind?

And this is just a list I made up I'm probably not applying for all these maybe 4 tops
Message 1 of 54
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Re: 12:01 tonight I'm Applying have a question?

If you get 1, why apply 2? 

Message 2 of 54
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would forget about the AMEX for the moment, It is my understanding they discount AU accounts.

Message 3 of 54
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Interestedincredit wrote:
After reading everyone's advice I put together a list of credit cards I would like to apply for. Please let me know if you think I will be approved or denied so I can cross that one off my list recap I'm turning 18 have established credit from being an authorized user on my dad's cards he currently is carrying some balances.

Here's my list:
(3) citi simplicity
(5) lowes store card
(6) sole type of American Express what do you guys recommend? Charge or revolver and what kind?

And this is just a list I made up I'm probably not applying for all these maybe 4 tops

Do you have income? If all you have is AU experience, I would suggest you apply for only one card and get a year's experience with that one. Then, after showing your responsibility, you can app for more cards. I may be old-fashioned, but I see no reason for an 18-year-old to "need" 3 or 4 credit cards...there shouldn't be such a rush, IMO. The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 54
H4LO
Established Contributor

Here's my list:
(3) citi simplicity
(5) lowes store card

Why would you want the Citi Simplicity?

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 5 of 54
H4LO
Established Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Here's my list:
(3) citi simplicity
(5) lowes store card

Do you have income? If all you have is AU experience, I would suggest you apply for only one card and get a year's experience with that one. Then, after showing your responsibility, you can app for more cards. I may be old-fashioned, but I see no reason for an 18-year-old to "need" 3 or 4 credit cards...there shouldn't be such a rush, IMO. The best of luck to you.

Exactly what I said in his other thread.

But he says he's "more mature than others his age"....

Yeah... I remember saying that a few years ago. (4YRs ago I was 18) Smiley LOL

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 6 of 54
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Here's my list:
(3) citi simplicity
(5) lowes store card

My first card was Amex green (but that was 20 years ago)....A charge would be easier than a revolver (so I have heard). I would app Amex first, then Citi, then discover and if you get approved for two out of three, stop there...if not try CapitalOne and Lowes. 

If you join NFCU, they will probably approve you for a cc as well.  Take your time and make sure you are ready for the responsibility that comes with credit. 

I ruined my credit in college (at 18)...I opened 8 credit cards and I did ok with them for a while until I couldn't keep up anymore and started missing payments and all went downhill. I am sure there are worse horror stories on the discussion boards. I don't want to discourage you, I just want you to be as careful as possible. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 54
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Well if you decide to go for an Amex, charge cards are easier to be approved for. I'd probably wait for a years worth of (your own) history before applying with them though. I would consider BoA also, if they don't approve you outright they have a really good secured option that tends to graduate quickly. Barclays rewards for average credit is another. I would put the Cap1 app towards the end of your spree since they pull every CR.
Message 8 of 54
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Here's my list:
(3) citi simplicity
(5) lowes store card

I'm not sure where the list comes from or why these cards are chosen. 

1. Understand- all around entry card with rotating categories-Are you prepared to show proof of enrollment in a 4 yr institution?

2. Again, ok but it will pull all 3 CBs 

3. Do you have BTs?

4. no opinion

5. Guess its fine if you are doing home improvements and/or need appliances 

6. Income? Looking for rewards, travel or cash back card?

Message 9 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.