cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVAL NFCU MORE REWARDS AMEX (1st NFCU card)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVAL NFCU MORE REWARDS AMEX (1st NFCU card)

(UPDATE....I called cs as told to and got a young lady that explained the offer was a promotion. I asked her what were my chance of being approved. She couldn't tell me and said just to apply without the promo code. She proceeds to direct me to the application page, wished me luck then hung up. What the hell....I'll roll the dice. Answered 2 questions on the app and submitted. 10 sec later.."You've been approved". Almost wet my pants..lol...Wait, there's more. "Your credit limit is $25,000" 

I'm only seeing a HP on my TU which was a 619. I would like all guidance on the best utililization of card to build a relationship with nfcu and work towards 2nd card.

Navy is my baby...!!!!! )

Here is the original post link...https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/NFCU-More-Rewards-CC-offer/td-p/5979579

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: APPROVAL NFCU MORE REWARDS AMEX (1st NFCU card)

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 25
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 25
CivalV
Established Contributor

Congratulations!! That is an insane SL

Could you please provide DPs?

I was denied last week for NFCU Plat with a 650 Score even with a recon Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

(UPDATE....I called cs as told to and got a young lady that explained the offer was a promotion. I asked her what were my chance of being approved. She couldn't tell me and said just to apply without the promo code. She proceeds to direct me to the application page, wished me luck then hung up. What the hell....I'll roll the dice. Answered 2 questions on the app and submitted. 10 sec later.."You've been approved". Almost wet my pants..lol...Wait, there's more. "Your credit limit is $25,000" 

I'm only seeing a HP on my TU which was a 619. I would like all guidance on the best utililization of card to build a relationship with nfcu and work towards 2nd card.

Here is the original post link...https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/NFCU-More-Rewards-CC-offer/td-p/5979579

Super Congrats on your Navy Fed More Rewards Amex $25,000 approval! Smiley Very Happy

If you're looking to apply for a second card, then wait 91 days and 3 statement cycles (91/3)

before doing so. In the meantime, try not to use any more than 8.9% of your limit ($2,225)

and pay in full each month before the due date so a zero balance reports to the bureaus.

How you use your current credit is extremely important to Navy Fed because it's their best 

measurement and predictor of how you'll use any future credit they may extend to you.

Hope this helps. Congrats once again on your approval. Thanks for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 25
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the Navy More Rewards card with a killer SL. They are the best and their CL will open the door for other large CL's. 

Message 6 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU More Rewards approval and monster SL!Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Uhm, 25k on a 619? I dont think you need to build any kind of relationship with themSmiley Wink They obviously see something in you to offer you that much on first card and on that score. Youve hit credit goldSmiley Happy Congrats!

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.