Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED: AMEX SPG Luxury Card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED: AMEX SPG Luxury Card!

Boy, oh boy! Nothing but good news this week!

So, yesterday, I wrote about having gotten approved for the AMEX Cash Magnet card, which is exciting since it is my first AMEX card. Well, interestingly enough, in the mail yesterday, I received a preapproval offer for the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Luxury Card, with a welcome bonus of 125,000 bonus points after spending $5K in the first three months. I was reticent about applying for the card so soon after getting one AMEX card, but I was reading through the forum that they do not do HPs for AMEX customers. So, I shot my shot again and applied today. Here's what happened:

• I had another HP on my EX credit report. No big deal, as I have very few inquiries to begin with.
  • I did not receive instant approval, and instead received a message stating that they would follow up via mail in 14 days.

I panicked and thought that applying so soon was a mistake, but then I remembered that I still had the fraud alert on my credit report, and that could be why I was not instantly approved. So, I did a bit more research and found that there are "backdoor" numbers for certain lenders. I found one for AMEX and called them, and surely enough, that was why my application was on hold. After speaking with an extremely friendly analyst who took the necessary steps to confirm my identity, he says to me (in such a happy voice Smiley Very Happy), "Well, I have some news for you, Aqueelah; any idea what it might be?" I nervously said, "No idea, but surprise me." And he told me I was approved for the card, and with a $5000 limit! He also said that he would expedite my card to me, and I should have it within 24-72 hours!

Y'all, when I say I wanted to scream, I wanted to SCREAM!! But, instead, I thanked the analyst profusely, and did a little jig around my office! Smiley LOL 

So now, I have two AMEX cards, and I am going to treat them very well! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: APPROVED: AMEX SPG Luxury Card!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

For some strange reason, my message came up blank. At any rate, thank you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great story, b. Do you have any DPs to share?

And Congrats! on a very nice approval.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! And yes; I pulled my 3B report today, and there are my most recent scores:

EX: 676

EQ: 667

TU: 645

My goal is to get into the 700-720 range within the next 12 months.

Also, AMEX pulled my EX report for both apps. Smiley Happy  

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! And yes; I pulled my 3B report today, and there are my most recent scores:

Great! These DPs make this thread so much more informative. (5K SL off a 676 is sweet, no? You give others hope.) 

Thank you. 

Message 6 of 15
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the great card, and with those data points it sounds like 5k is a great SL... enjoy!!

Message 7 of 15
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Wow, between this and your last (first) post you've given me anxiety just reading! I am very excited for you however and this has definitely given me hope. I too was recently approved for my largest limit card with Chase (CSP). YOu have a great story - what am amazing couple weeks for you to achieve all of this! Congrats!!

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Great! These DPs make this thread so much more informative. (5K SL off a 676 is sweet, no? You give others hope.) 

Thank you. 

Sweet, indeed! I was already happy to be in the "Good" range, even if it is on the lower end of that range. However, this has made me even more determined to hit my 700+ goal! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job. I luv my Blue, its myBoySmiley Happy RIP BLUE, you look GLORIOUSSmiley Wink

Enjoy the big bonus tooSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.