Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE WITH NO CREDIT HISTORY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE WITH NO CREDIT HISTORY

Good day everyone! and Yes, It's good to be true ,I know. I'm an international student, I got my green card and social early this year and start playing the credit game since got my very first social security. My first credit card is open sky with $300 credit limit open since July, 2018. In three months using the card, I keep low 30% UL and PIF. I know that I have to wait around 6 months to have enough information to generate my FICO credit score, basicaly I have no credit score even now. Yesterday, I opened my chase website and saw an green mark offer for the CSR. I'm wonder if is good to be true because I don't wanna waste any hard pull since I don't have any credit score and super thin file. But after reading alot of this forum, and almost 99% people told that is a solid offer. So I pulled the triger and get Approval Instantly for 10k.

*Note: I'm banking with chase since 2016 (student checking and saving). The reason is need my family wire transfer money from my country to here to pay the tuition and live expenses.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE WITH NO CREDIT HISTORY

Nice, congratulations!

I'm working on mine and my wife's credit, she had never done aything with it so we got her first credit card with a $200 limit in July of 2018. 

I wonder if she would get approved, i always heard Chase requires a year of history.

Message 2 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 10
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Wow, how about that!!! Congrats on the HUGE win. Manage that card well and you'll soon be able to get any other card you want. 

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys, from what I read this card is hard to get even with some solid Credit history, but mine only start from 3 months with no credit score at all. I don't know why, but I feel so lucky and happy!

Message 5 of 10
mrfragicide
Valued Member

CSP and CSR are amazing cards. Treat Chase right and they will treat you right. Just know that they can get a little jealous if you start applying for other issuers cards later on down the line, and keep the Chase 5/24 rule in mind.

Just also be aware that with such a low SL, that card may end being bucketed. So don't be surprised if you cap out around $2k for a max credit limit. But I could be wrong.

Enjoy!

Message 6 of 10
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you guys, from what I read this card is hard to get even with some solid Credit history, but mine only start from 3 months with no credit score at all. I don't know why, but I feel so lucky and happy!

Congrats!

I think it is your banking relationship that got you the "green checkmark".

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, is could be. Thank you!! It's just like a dream because CSR is also is my goal card but my expectaion to get it atleast 1 to 2 years. My next goal gonna be AMEX Platimum.

Message 8 of 10
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!  Excellent card, just got my CSR and Amex Platinum this year and have already put both to full use traveling.  Love the CSR and as already mentioned.. tread lightly on the road ahead as Chase does not play well with others Smiley Happy.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, as you can see I'm pretty new of credit card and score. Can you guys give me some advice how to treat my card nicely or correct way to make / help my credit score even better? Even I can max out my $10,000 but I still can pay in full each month, with another credit card ($300), I'm always max out too but I always pay it off like 5 or 8 times a month to get the available credit back to use, and always pay it before due statement so the report never show more than 30% Ulti.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.