Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED: Chase Amazon Visa: 7 - 10 day message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED: Chase Amazon Visa: 7 - 10 day message

Just got approved for my first Chase card, the Chase Amazon Visa after calling the reconsideration line!

My current cards are:

Capital One Quicksilver - $2500 CL - 7 months old

AMEX PRG - 2 months old

Nordstrom Visa - Authorized User - $24,500 CL - 18 moths old

My FAKO scores from CK:

TU: 766 - 3 HPs - 0% Util

EQ: 715 - 3 HPs - 1% Util

I have no other lines of credit (car loan, student loans, etc.) so my credit profile is VERY thin. I knew that when applying for the card but really wanted to start a relationship with Chase so I could start working towards more of their premium cards. I applied for the card last night (9/19/18) and got the 30 day message. I called the automated number tonight and got the 7 - 10 day message, so I decided to try and call the reconsideration line. The representative had me verify my phone number and informed me that my application was denied. I asked about a possible reconsideration as I wanted to start building a relationship with Chase and thought that the Amazon card would be a great starting point. The representative asked me a few questions regarding the cost of my rent (~$1,325 per month) and my income (~$85,000 per year) and then put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said he decided to approve my application! The reason for the approval was the high limit on the authorized user card and that someone would trust me with such a high limit (thanks parents!).

I was only approved for a $1,000 CL, but that's better than being denied! Excited to have my first Chase card, but its time to start gardening for the next 6 months or so!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED: Chase Amazon Visa: 7 - 10 day message

CONGRATS!

I love my Amazon Prime Visa, use it way too much. Smiley Wink  

Interesting they mentioned AU/high limit as a reason for recon. But hey... it helped you get in. Enjoy your Visa, you will be getting those GreenCK offers soon. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 3 of 11
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 4 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on joining Chase!!  It's great to know that they possibly considered your AU history as a turning point for the recon approval. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and knowing that they do consider AU as part of the decision making is great!

Enjoy your knew card!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy for you and thanks for sharing as I know people would love to have hope with these stories of denial then changed to approval Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.