cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED FOR 3 CARDS AND 2 RECONS WERE SUCCESSFUL!!!!

tag
lily04
Established Member

APPROVED FOR 3 CARDS AND 2 RECONS WERE SUCCESSFUL!!!!

This is the best week ever for me! I checked the pre qualify site for Chase and was pre qualified for Freedom and the Slate card. I decided to go with the slate card because I thought the approval odds are a lot better than the Freedom Card.

My starting FICO scores were in the low 400s from 10/2015 and now they are: EQ:603 TU:661 EX:633

I have many credit inquires about (31) to be exact within 24 months. Smiley Sad ( I went crazy trying to apply when I first began my journey on fixing my credit and before I found this forum and truly learned)

I had many baddies ( I removed majority of them after disputing them) I only have 2 medical reporting on EQ and 1 medical on EX. These are about to fall off so I don't think it has real impact any more.

I have only one real derogatory which is my student loan and it's reporting on all 3. I just recently enrolled in the rehabilitation program and I am hoping after I complete it my scores jump. 

My income is good I make $90,000 and my DTI is really low.

Well long story short I applied for Slate and recieved a call 2 days later from the fraud department, they asked me a few questions, sent a text to my phone to verify and was approved for $2500!!! Smiley Very Happy I honestly didn't expect the approval so I had the guy repeat himself. LOL

I then decided well why the heck not and try for the Freedom Card. I called today their automated system and I got the message " I will be notifed in writing within 7-10 business days" After reading a few posts here, I knew it was a denial. So I called the customer rep first and she told me it was processing and I will be notified in writing soon.I then called 2 more times but I called the recon line. First call a gentleman answered and told me basically the same thing but he mentioned it wasn't approved or denied. So when I called for the 3rd time I got a very nice lady and she told me that it was denied due to too many applications with Chase. She said she will be back in 2-4 minutes and she came back on and asked me for my income and a few more questions and approved me for $2000! I slipped up and told her I loved her! 

Pushing my luck because that is what I do!! I tried to apply for the Barclaycard. I got automatically denied. I figured I would be so I called their recon line. The lady I spoke with pulled my credit report and said I had to may inquires and too many new accounts. (I just purchased an Infinti, have an installment loan on a bed purchase and subprime credit cards such as FPB,Total Visa,First Progress) I told her the truth and stated I never really cared much about credit before I was young. I recently applied a lot trying to establish credit to buy a home next year. She then said I was approved for $1000! 

I am just glad I was approved no matter what the CL was. I will now garden for awhile. 

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED FOR 3 CARDS AND 2 RECONS WERE SUCCESSFUL!!!!

That's awesome!! Congrats on your new cards!!!

Message 2 of 12
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Congrats!

How many new accounts do you have in the last 24 months?

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 3 of 12
lily04
Established Member

Thank you!

I have 11 new accounts  reporting within 24 months but 4 are closed since I paid off the installment loans. This is not including the recent approvals. 

Message 4 of 12
lily04
Established Member

Thank you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 12
someg33k
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new Chase cards! Nice recon..

Please stick to the gardening you mentioned. Your credit will be much better off in the long run.

Trust me I know from my own stupid mistakes!

Message 6 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the success!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that is great success!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Join us in the garden thread.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Congrats! Nice job with the recons also! 

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.