cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED FOR BANK OF AMERICA PREMIUM REWARDS CARD!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED FOR BANK OF AMERICA PREMIUM REWARDS CARD!!!!

it took 2 calls to reconsideration line and a 20 minute conversation with a recon manager but I got approved for $16K limit for the hard to get Premium card!!! they had to reallocate balance from my 2 other BoA cards to make it happen which is more than fine... coolest thing is that I mystery shopped BoA and got paid $200 for the in bank application and they were able to reuse my credit pull... so NO new pulls for this card!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED FOR BANK OF AMERICA PREMIUM REWARDS CARD!!!!

Congrats on Approval and very nice SL .. any data points you can provide

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got cash back card $7k in feb and Astros MLB $10k March 5th and did $200 credit card application mystery shop May 25th... I knew there was no way I'd get approved due to getting the first 2 cards approved so close together. I signed up for multiple cards for $150 bonus so to get paid $200 just to apply was worth it for me... I got denied and followed up with recon but double denied due to can't get 3 cards in 90 days rule... I waited exactly 90 days and called back recon again because I don't like "wasting a hard pull" on not gettig a card I really wanted... the first recon lady firmly said denied... I asked to speak to her manager and after a nice 20 minute conversation of why I'm a 20 year chase customer who is moving my business to BoA and getting my credit lines moved I got approved for $16k Premium card... my Experian is 721... any specific data points you interested in?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received my denial letter. Did you call right away for reconsideration? 

Was your original reason for denial for something minor that they easily reconsidered? 

My denial was due to derogatory marks but they are now 5 years old but my scores are fair TU 693 and EQ 730. I am hesitant to call because I don't want another HP. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AKJohnny

SUPER Congrats on the BoA Premium Rewards 16k! You're right - it is hard to get that card.

I read where you mystery shopped BoA, earned $200, and had BoA use the same pull for

your approval. Would you mind sharing the link/name of the mystery shopper company you

used? Later this month I'm apping for the BoA 1-2-3 Travel Rewards Card. Like you, I know

I'll be denied, but I'm hoping to get the 99/500 partially secured travel card on a counter offer.

So by mystery shopping, I'll be able to use the $200 to fund one (or even two) 99/500 cards.

Congrats again on your approval! Well deserved! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

SUPER Congrats on the BoA Premium Rewards 16k! You're right - it is hard to get that card.

I read where you mystery shopped BoA, earned $200, and had BoA use the same pull for

your approval. Would you mind sharing the link/name of the mystery shopper company you

used? Later this month I'm apping for the BoA 1-2-3 Travel Rewards Card. Like you, I know

I'll be denied, but I'm hoping to get the 99/500 partially secured travel card on a counter offer.

So by mystery shopping, I'll be able to use the $200 to fund one (or even two) 99/500 cards.

Congrats again on your approval! Well deserved! Smiley Very Happy

I work half a dozen different mystery shopping companies as they overlap... multiple companies shop Wells Fargo (Kern and Maritz) multiple ones shop Bank of America and Chase... Kern and Ath... Ath consulting pays the most by far... I would check out jobslinger.com as they have a number of local shops with legit companies... you need to sign up as an independent consultant and pay taxes on what you earn... you also need to take tests to become certified before you can apply for certain shops. you have to be very detail oriented and able to describe conversations in great detail. I would keep track of your mileage as well as you can use that to offset your earning... it's also a great way to get to know different banks.. some banks I would do business with... others not so much... ymmv... any other specific questions, reply to this or send me a pm. AKJohnny

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AKJohnny

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly.

I'll take your advice and follow up on the link you provided.

Will let you know how things turn out. Congrats again!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.