Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED FOR BBVA COMPASS NBA AMEX!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED FOR BBVA COMPASS NBA AMEX!!

So super excited to have been approved for the BBVA Compass NBA Amex! I received the "Time Out" 7-10 message but had read that that doesn't always mean denial for this particular card. Kept my eye on my email box as others had received delayed approvals that way. Nothing came and I forgot all about it. Then I received the card in the mail today with a $5K limit! My biggest one yet!

I've come a long way quickly since my first secured card one year ago thanks to this forum! 

(BTW they pulled EX 625)

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED FOR BBVA COMPASS NBA AMEX!!

Congrats!

I got the time out screen also and got the card within a week! Love the card! They approved me with 20k!

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

20K! Awesome! One day...

Message 3 of 15
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Not sure if I would get in with BBVA.... EX is at 722, 48 INQ, 7% utl, no baddies.
Message 4 of 15
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I've always heard that for BBVA you need high 700's, I've always looked at Creditpulls database and I always see like 770's approvals 😳
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

There seems to be only SOME order to this credit business. Most of the time it seems to follow an order and then things like inquiries raising my score three points happen??

I have 11 inquiries showing, and a aggregate utilization of 30% with a much lower number of 625 according to BBVA. (I'm seeing a 659)

Don't know how they are about inquiries specifically, but they tolerated my 10. Maybe a search around here would reveal that tendency.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and I also have 2 baddies.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratuations!

Message 8 of 15
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 9 of 15
creditguy
Valued Contributor

You say got the time out message, so does this mean you applied online? BBVA closed the online link a few weeks back and directs people to find a branch location to apply in person. Just curious whats up with BBVA, regardless congrats!!!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.