Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED: Macy's Amex + Lowe's Advantage CLIs

tag
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

APPROVED: Macy's Amex + Lowe's Advantage CLIs

Hey gang,

Happy to report two approved credit line increases tonight! Screenshots below!

First is on my Macy's American Express Rewards card. I recently was invited to upgrade from my regular Macy's card and I happily accepted the upgrade. To me, this version is much more useful than just the store card. The credit line prior to the increase was $20,000. I called in, asked for $25,000 and got an instant approval. Soft pull. Nice limit and I actually like the rewards structure on this card so I'm making good use of it. Been swiping a lot this week prior to asking for the increase so I figured it was worth the shot. And btw, I recently received a CLI prior to this one, which brought the account from $15K to $20K right before I accepted the Amex upgrade. Next stop we go for $30K.

macys_increase.png

Next I decided to try my Lowe's Advantage account. The credit line prior to the increase was $25,000. This one I did in my online account, asked for $30,000 and got an instant approval. Soft pull. From time to time I make purchases with this card and since it can come in handy at times I went for it.

lowes-1.jpg

The banks are playing ball tonight guys!!! Go try for your CLIs! Smiley Happy

Data Points: FICO 8 scores - Equifax 850 / Experian 829 / TransUnion 828. Overall credit utiliation 3%. No recent inqs. Long and established payment history. No negative accounts and no recently opened accounts.

Uncle Money

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: APPROVED: Macy's Amex + Lowe's Advantage CLIs

Happy to see it was moved to Macy's Amex after a recent CLI on the store one. That's great!

Congratulations also on the Lowe's Advantage a swell to $30K! Oh Yeah!!!  

Message 2 of 9
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Macy's card upgrade to an Macy's Amex plus the CLI for Macy's and Lowe's Advantage. That's fantastic!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 9
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 9
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Macy's Amex & Lowe's Advantage CLI's

Message 5 of 9
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on both CLIs!

Message 6 of 9
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your card upgrades and CLI's!! 

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Two nice approvals, grats on them Smiley Happy

AFAIK 25k is the top CL for a Macys card.

Message 8 of 9
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on all your Approvals!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.