Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED!!!! Travelocity AEX

tag
guydiver
Established Contributor

APPROVED!!!! Travelocity AEX

Well I pulled the trigger.  I needed to go on a sudden trip next week and booked through Travelocity.  They offered me to apply for their American Express card.  I read the fine print and saw it was Barclay's.  I was a bit apprehensive knowing how finicky they can be, but aside from my pending identification fiasco with my Paypal Mastercard app., I won't be getting any new revolving credit in the forseeable future, so, ...I  applied.  Got some security questions again(made me think uh-oh, here I go again).  Then to my sudden amazement.......approved with an initial credit line of $3,000 and 14.99%, and $100 in statement credits.($25 immediately applied to my ticket purchase).  I lost my page while making my airline reservations and couldn't go back,  but I found this link:

CHECK APPLICATION STATUS

Congratulations! On 11/28/2012 you were approved for the Travelocity Rewards American Express (R) Card with a Credit Line of $12,500.00
You'll receive your card, pin, and cardmember agreement within the next 10 days. Set up online access now. Select GO to create a username and password.

Absolutely incredible!  I think I won't worry so much about my Paypal denial now.  Never thought I would have this much success.  My first approval since my reports were all clean.  Latest scores are in my siggy.  Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: APPROVED!!!! Travelocity AEX

Woww....its awesome limit you got there....Congrattt

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 18
guydiver
Established Contributor

Thanks.  Just set up my on-line account.  Looks like their payment system is straight- forward, deducts from my bank checking account same day if payment made by 7pm.  No balance showing yet even with my airline tickets they charged, but my available credit shows the charge is pending already. 

Message 3 of 18
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations wonderful news so happy for you enjoy your tripSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!! Im jeallloouuussss; I only have a $7700 limit on my Trav Amex. I totally took advantage of the 0% offer too haha.:-P My apr after is 24.99%...ehh
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 18
guydiver
Established Contributor

Haaaaa!  I didn't see any 0% financing offer, but I wasn't exactly reading the fine print. Smiley Surprised Just saw the points offer worth $100.  They are sending me all the details with the card.  Still can't stop grinning.  Smiley Happy  Thanks everyone. 

Message 6 of 18
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 7 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats again!!!
Did you get the AF version? It's actually a pretty good card tbh, even if you have to watch your back with Barclay's lol! I got 50$ upon acct opening after 1st purchase plus another $50 for doing a bt, and I get like 3 pts per dollar on Travelocity purchases. I've already had enough free points for a stay at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas!:-D
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 18
guydiver
Established Contributor

Thanks.  No AF from what I read before I hit the app button, but I do remember there being at least two different levels depending on what you are approved for.  The lowest APR I saw was 14.99, that's what I got, so I'm pretty sure it's a no AF version. I think the other was like $39 or so.   I just got a TU alert this morning, that's who they pulled.  Won't know if they pulled anyone else until I get my monthly update from TU in a couple of weeks.  I only had one inquiry on TU from GECRB for the Paypal MC I apped for three weeks ago and they said unable to verify identity. 

Message 9 of 18
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Wow.. very nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.