APPROVED - US Bank Kroger 1-2-3 $9500 SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED - US Bank Kroger 1-2-3 $9500 SL

@Marz2002 wrote:

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval, the AWESOME SL, and Thanks for the DPs!!!

Thanks.

Message 21 of 36
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I done a fair amount of grocery shopping at Kroger AND they also have affiliates, Rulers i think is one.

Used to toss those preapprovals as fast as they came in. Had a US Bank Premium card for many years before closing it.

This might encourage a return to them sometime this summer. Who knows. That's NOT a bad SL at any rate for this card.

The limit is nice. I saw another poster got the same SL although our profiles are different.  $9500 seems to be their magic number right now.

I held a US Bank card as one of my longest running card accounts way back when a few years ago.

The US Bank Kroger 123 preapproval mailers came fast & furious back then but never crossed my mind to add a 2nd card.

Yesterday it seemed like the best choice to round out my little tour to make a return and it came through the same way.

Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

dang very impressive approval from us bank with a 660ish eq score.  grats on the nice SL.  I still cant trust us bank though as they are like discover with me on their sl's. Smiley Happy

Quite shocking to me but I appreciate it.  Trying hard to get out of the 500 dollar SL range that I have with Citi, BOFA, USAA and my baby Discover at $200. US Bank and NFCU boosted me up to the $10,000 range.

Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Wow that’s a huge limit for that one! Congrats!!!

Thanks.

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I done a fair amount of grocery shopping at Kroger AND they also have affiliates, Rulers i think is one.

Used to toss those preapprovals as fast as they came in. Had a US Bank Premium card for many years before closing it.

This might encourage a return to them sometime this summer. Who knows. That's NOT a bad SL at any rate for this card.

The limit is nice. I saw another poster got the same SL although our profiles are different.  $9500 seems to be their magic number right now.

I held a US Bank card as one of my longest running card accounts way back when a few years ago.

The US Bank Kroger 123 preapproval mailers came fast & furious back then but never crossed my mind to add a 2nd card.

Yesterday it seemed like the best choice to round out my little tour to make a return and it came through the same way.

Get it while it's hot. Congrats.

Message 25 of 36
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on Shaking The US Bank Tree and getting a $9500 SL

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congrats on Shaking The US Bank Tree and getting a $9500 SL

Yes this card is my big gator for now.  I am gonna try to get me a Tree Breaker in the future.

Message 27 of 36
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Since you got approved immediately, it appears that the co-branded cards are more lenient. Wonder if that carries across all of them. Also wonder if they carry internal weight for future core accounts.

Message 28 of 36
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Since you got approved immediately, it appears that the co-branded cards are more lenient. Wonder if that carries across all of them. Also wonder if they carry internal weight for future core accounts.

That's a most reasonable possibility but then it could be the opposite instead. It is of some interest though.

At any rate it's a pretty safe assessment knowing the history of how US Bank works it's new cardholders, that the "core" cards undergo routine U/W measures as they always have before. Nothing new with that but any slight change up in the manner that they usually approve those would be of some notice in these circles.

Message 29 of 36
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

That's a most reasonable possibility but then it could be the opposite instead. It is of some interest though.

At any rate it's a pretty safe assessment knowing the history of how US Bank works it's new cardholders, that the "core" cards undergo routine U/W measures as they always have before. Nothing new with that but any slight change up in the manner that they usually approve those would be of some notice in these circles.

Even if the co-branded were subject to the same reviews, based on the OP's scores and existing accounts, there's some sort of anomaly.

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.