APPROVED - US Bank Kroger 1-2-3 $9500 SL

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: APPROVED - US Bank Kroger 1-2-3 $9500 SL

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Since you got approved immediately, it appears that the co-branded cards are more lenient. Wonder if that carries across all of them. Also wonder if they carry internal weight for future core accounts.

That's a most reasonable possibility but then it could be the opposite instead. It is of some interest though.

At any rate it's a pretty safe assessment knowing the history of how US Bank works it's new cardholders, that the "core" cards undergo routine U/W measures as they always have before. Nothing new with that but any slight change up in the manner that they usually approve those would be of some notice in these circles.

Even if the co-branded were subject to the same reviews, based on the OP's scores and existing accounts, there's some sort of anomaly.

I was thinking the same thing. Is OP sure there wasn't a double pull and USB decided to ignore the lower score?

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since you got approved immediately, it appears that the co-branded cards are more lenient. Wonder if that carries across all of them. Also wonder if they carry internal weight for future core accounts.

Perhaps. Don't really know as I have had no prior relationship with them. I think a good record with them would probably help in obtaining some of their other cards.

Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

That's a most reasonable possibility but then it could be the opposite instead. It is of some interest though.

At any rate it's a pretty safe assessment knowing the history of how US Bank works it's new cardholders, that the "core" cards undergo routine U/W measures as they always have before. Nothing new with that but any slight change up in the manner that they usually approve those would be of some notice in these circles.

There was an unusual occurrence when I applied and it showed instant approval with the SL and APR and I accepted it (you also had the option to decline).  Then suddenly it went away and I could never get back to the screen.  I never received an email regarding the approval for a day or so.  I called and the CSR said maybe you didn't hit the accept button and if you didn't it would not show up on my terminal.  I said I did hit the accept button and he said it has gone to UW and you will have to wait on them to manually review the application for an answer. I digested that info and the next day I called back and told the CSR what had transpired the day before and I told him what the SL and APR was on the approval but that the other CSR couldn't find it.  He said I see it and your card will be on the way by Monday.  He also said it sometimes takes 24 to 48 hours to show up on their terminal which is whey the other CSR couldn't see it.

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I

@ChargedUp wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Even if the co-branded were subject to the same reviews, based on the OP's scores and existing accounts, there's some sort of anomaly.

I was thinking the same thing. Is OP sure there wasn't a double pull and USB decided to ignore the lower score?

I am certain there was no double pull just EQ which was scary since that score was the lowest.  I checked all three reports again  today before this post and it only shows US Bancorp under Equifax inquiries. The collections have all been deleted so all three reports are within a few points of each other now.  It is possible that the collections had been removed on EQ when they pulled the report since the score is now 728 with EQ (up from the 656) 743 EX and 739 TU.  I received notice of the deletions few days after I apped for the Kroger card.  That might explain the instant approval and the SL.

Message 34 of 36
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I

@ChargedUp wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I am certain there was no double pull just EQ which was scary since that score was the lowest.  I checked all three reports again  today before this post and it only shows US Bancorp under Equifax inquiries. The collections have all been deleted so all three reports are within a few points of each other now.  It is possible that the collections had been removed on EQ when they pulled the report since the score is now 728 with EQ (up from the 656) 743 EX and 739 TU.  I received notice of the deletions few days after I apped for the Kroger card.  That might explain the instant approval and the SL.

It's possibly just a matter of the new update for the FICO Score then as you suggest. Either way it shakes out it went to your favor.

Also not to say they don't but i can't recall much if any mention of US Bank doing doubles with CR pulls anyway.

And then there is another matter perhaps of location which decides bureau. For example they went with EQ on yours & TU on this end for Kroger 123 and that's the same bureau they pulled when i first applied with them some years ago.

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.