Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED at BOA!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED at BOA!

Applied in-branch today: instant $900. My first ever instant approval Smiley Very Happy, though not for as much as I hoped or even expected.Smiley Sad

I asked the banker to call underwriting, but they had no access beyond a regular CSR. The phone lady asked me income and did NOT read anything about reviewing credit or HP before proceeding to tell me I'd get a letter in 5-10 days. Has anybody had that before? If I have non-combined HP's I'll be furious. Otherwise, I'm just waiting for it to groooooooowwwwww. At the very least I'll be getting $165/$500.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Re: APPROVED at BOA!

I thought they would give you more based on your scores and profile. Smiley Sad I bank with them but I won't app since they don't have a card I want.

But, hey, at least the HP is on TU, so you'll grow that in no time. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

With your scores I'm sure those cards will grow super fast! 

Message 3 of 28
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Dont worry about the lower SL. That card has some of the best potential that exists as far as growth, I would expect to see you well over $10K in a year or so!!  BOA ROCKS!

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got home and checked my account... the card isn't there at all! Should I panic?

Message 5 of 28
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got home and checked my account... the card isn't there at all! Should I panic?

No. Cards you're approved for usually take overnight to show up; all 3 of mine (BoA Travel, BoA Cash, and Merrill+) took a night's worth of processing. If you don't see it by mid-day tomorrow, perhaps give them a call.  

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmm89 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No. Cards you're approved for usually take overnight to show up; all 3 of mine (BoA Travel, BoA Cash, and Merrill+) took a night's worth of processing. If you don't see it by mid-day tomorrow, perhaps give them a call.  

*calms nerves* Got it, thank you haha

Now just waiting for the card (Banker offered me the free rush processing). Has anybody had the 5-10 day message (ending in success or otherwise) on their app day?

Message 7 of 28
Subexistence
Established Contributor

My BBR account only appeared after being activated. My BBR card came after 2 weeks, I wasn't really concerned about the time because I just needed to charge one thing that month on it.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 8 of 28
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

One thing you will learn about BOA is that they are in NO hurry AT ALL for ANYTHING.. LOL!  Want to PC a card? Sure, no issue.. but it could easily take you 3 weeks to get your new card.. That's just how they roll!!

They will take their sweet time.. They don't seem to care.. But, I have nothing but good things to say about them.... 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 9 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go young GrasshopperSmiley Happy. Like others have said, this will growSmiley Happy. Its gonna take some hps, but to me they were worth itSmiley Happy. Enjoy the instaluv, im sure in the coming years youll get tons moreSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.