cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED for Am Ex BCE, Green, and Chase Freedom!

tag
wenckebach

APPROVED for Am Ex BCE, Green, and Chase Freedom!

I am so excited- I've been approved for 3 new cards- Amex green and BCE, as well as Chase Freedom!

Just a year ago I found these forums, and I have learned an incredible amount.  I found to courage to attack my student loans head on and get them out of default, get rid of dings on my credit, and applied for cap one and us bank secured cards to establish revolving credit.  I've faithfully PIF (after making sure the amounts hit the bill and kept my util around 5%) and worked so hard to get my credit back under control, and here I am today, with 3 great cards, much better credit, and knowledge that is incredibly empowering.  I can't believe I got approved for Amex!!!

I cannot wait to get rid of these dinky little sub prime cards and garden, garden, garden.   

Thank you all for the knowledge you've all posted in the forums.  I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but please know I am so grateful for you all!

In the garden since 1/25/14
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: APPROVED for Am Ex BCE, Green, and Chase Freedom!

@wenckebach wrote:

I am so excited- I've been approved for 3 new cards- Amex green and BCE, as well as Chase Freedom!

Just a year ago I found these forums, and I have learned an incredible amount.  I found to courage to attack my student loans head on and get them out of default, get rid of dings on my credit, and applied for cap one and us bank secured cards to establish revolving credit.  I've faithfully PIF (after making sure the amounts hit the bill and kept my util around 5%) and worked so hard to get my credit back under control, and here I am today, with 3 great cards, much better credit, and knowledge that is incredibly empowering.  I can't believe I got approved for Amex!!!

I cannot wait to get rid of these dinky little sub prime cards and garden, garden, garden.   

Thank you all for the knowledge you've all posted in the forums.  I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but please know I am so grateful for you all!

A big Congrats X3 Smiley Happy very nice cards you got Smiley Happy this is the best forum in the world in my book

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 24
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations x3!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 24
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new cards!

Message 4 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice run, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 24
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Great story congrats..that u s bank secured has the potential to graduate I would hold on to it.

Message 6 of 24
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Congrats, OP!! WTG!!!!!  Your story sounds much like mine about 3years ago, always great to hear wonderful success stories!  Welcome to the Chase/ AMEX family, treat your new cards well

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 24
WhosTheBoss

Congratulations! Way to go on clearing up that SL as well.

Starting Scores: 630-660
Current Scores: 650-680
Goal Scores: 730-760 (util less than 5%)
Last app Jan, 2014

Message 8 of 24
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 24
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@wenckebach wrote:

Congrats on your efforts and Welcome to the AMEX FAMILY!!! 

I was in the same vote 3 years with the student loans. I have about 10 120 day lates reporting for 2 loans. It's a hard fight but once you get out, that sense of freedom and entitlement is near Smiley Very Happy

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.