Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED for Cap1 SavorOne, [possibly] denied for US Bank Alt Go

tag
timbalero
Established Member

APPROVED for Cap1 SavorOne, [possibly] denied for US Bank Alt Go

Hi!

I recently made this post about wanting to apply for the Capital One SavorOne but wanting to wait until after I closed on a new house. Well, I finally closed and pulled the trigger and got APPROVED for $8k limit (oddly $2k lower than my existing Quicksilver's limit) and 21.49% variable APR after the 0% intro (surprised it wasn't lower since my score is hovering around 800).

While I was filling out the SavorOne application, I was also trying my luck for the US Bank Altitude Go to see if I could get approved for both. Since I wanted the SavorOne more, I made sure to click submit on that one first. I don't know if it was because I used my new house's address which hasn't been reflected in my credit report yet or if it was the Cap1 application I had submitted moments before, but it got sent to manual review. I don't expect to be approved but I think it was still worth the shot.

Side note, I took this forum's advice and did NOT cancel my existing VentureOne before applying for the SavorOne. However, I thought about it and after I was approved, I decided to cancel it anyway. This was going to be my 6th credit card and I felt like having so many good, solid cash back cards (WF Propel, PenFed PCR, Discover It), keeping a subpar card like the V1 felt like a drag. I definitely liked using it during the 10x miles on Hotels.com promo, but ever since that promo ended it's felt like a pretty useless card for me. If Cap1 ends up refreshing it later this year in conjunction with their planned "Venture X" card and airport lounges I'll be kicking myself, but somehow I doubt the V1 will ever be competitive again, so I'm glad it's gone. It'll stay on my report for 10 years which is nice, and by then all my existing cards will be 10 years older anyway.

So in summary: Yay to new SavorOne!! Goodbye and farewell to my oldest card, a PC'd VentureOne. And let's see what happens with that Altitude Go... fingers crossed!

Discover It $8.5kAmEx BCE $20kWF Autograph $11.9kPenFed PCR $17kCap1 SavorOne $8kCap1 Quicksilver $10kCap1 360 CheckingFidelity CMA
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: APPROVED for Cap1 SavorOne, [possibly] denied for US Bank Alt Go

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 19
Irv02
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 3 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your house and Capital One approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 19
timbalero
Established Member

@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your house and Capital One approval!

Thanks! Moving is hell but I’m excited!

Discover It $8.5kAmEx BCE $20kWF Autograph $11.9kPenFed PCR $17kCap1 SavorOne $8kCap1 Quicksilver $10kCap1 360 CheckingFidelity CMA
Message 5 of 19
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Cap 1 SavorOne approval; fingers certainly crossed for the Altitude Go and a double congrats on your new home!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 19
TIPPY-BOB
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! 👏🍾🥳

Message 7 of 19
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the SavorOne approval and fingers crossed for your US Bank approval!

Message 8 of 19
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 19
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your S1 approval! I would definitely call USB and see if they need any verification from you regarding your new address, as that may be all that is holding up your app. May I ask what the appeal of the S1 over the Altitude GO was for you? Was it the added entertainment category? Good luck on the outcome of USB! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.