cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR approval, low limit but yay (Update, got charity increase paid with second HP)

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AR approval, low limit but yay

Congrats @Remedios !!!  I know you have been wanting this for awhile and hopefully they dont take a nerf bat ever to Samsung Pay or ya..  Don't know why US Bank is so cheap, it really makes no sense why people with good profiles/incomes gotta recond SL's especially on their premium side of cards as really dont consider 5k generous, but sure you will get it bumped up!  Congrats again!  Now join me. finstar. gmood and go for so obscure cards, join the dark side lol Smiley Tongue

Message 41 of 166
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the AR approval.

My application  for the AR went to a manual approval after applying in my branch.  My banker called me later in the day to tell me  it was approved for $5k.  I called to recon only answering a question of how much I wanted.  Didn't want to push, so I asked for $10k.  When I logged in the next day, I had a $10k cl.

FICO 8 EX 784 TU 786 EQ 786
FICO 9 EX 780
AMEX - Platinum, BCP, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus, Blue Business Cash (Business)
Barclay - Arrival Plus, AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 42 of 166
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats @Remedios !!!  I know you have been wanting this for awhile and hopefully they dont take a nerf bat ever to Samsung Pay or ya..  Don't know why US Bank is so cheap, it really makes no sense why people with good profiles/incomes gotta recond SL's especially on their premium side of cards as really dont consider 5k generous, but sure you will get it bumped up!  Congrats again!  No join me and go for so obscure cards Smiley Tongue

Thanks, CC.  Yeah, it's lil weird to give same limit on cash+ and AR, but whatever 

If they nerfed samsung pay, I'd nerf them.  

You're probably right on obscure cards...I am done with the usual suspects 

Message 43 of 166
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Winesnoblv wrote:

Congrats on the AR approval.

My application  for the AR went to a manual approval after applying in my branch.  My banker called me later in the day to tell me  it was approved for $5k.  I called to recon only answering a question of how much I wanted.  Didn't want to push, so I asked for $10k.  When I logged in the next day, I had a $10k cl.

Thank you. I hope my story goes the same way. 

I'd be happy with $10k, I pushed it a little in case they counter 

Message 44 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting that goal card!
Message 45 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

So exciting! Color me jealous! Do you think it was the Cash+ that put your over or the checking? Really trying to avoid new cards, so might go the checking route. 

Message 46 of 166
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

So exciting! Color me jealous! Do you think it was the Cash+ that put your over or the checking? Really trying to avoid new cards, so might go the checking route. 

I really dont know because both were opened only two months ago. 

If I had to guess, I'd say checking. Cash+ was used heavily (not kidding when I said I tried to buy their love), but I think they care more about depository aspect. Who knows 🤷

I dont feel bad about applying for cash+, it's a good card but probably wont see anything but cable/cell bill now 

Message 47 of 166
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval @Remedios! I'm sure you'll be able to get it bumped up with some recon work. If they say no, give em some coffee and biscuits 😊😊

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 48 of 166
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I’m pretty sure I remember telling you that they aren’t as scary as people make them out to be!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 49 of 166
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

Congrats on the win!

Now, let's see if you turn your affections elsewhere ...

I am done for a while. I think. 

I buckle down to get some work done this morning and look at what happens. Smiley LOL

Big congrats Remi - I know you've been coveting this card for a while - don't hit me if I give you a hug lol

--CF

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 50 of 166
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.