Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AX Gold Delta 3X CLI second time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AX Gold Delta 3X CLI second time

Just wanted to share this with everyone out there. I had read so much about the 3X credit limit increases with AX that I was really excited when I was approved for my first card with them after burning them way back in 92. Yes, it has been a long hard road but things do always get better. I was approved for the Delta Gold AX and received a $5K limit which at the time I was really excited (amazing how things change so quickly when you have good scores). At the 63 day mark I logged in and requested the 3X CLI and bang was approved for $15K. I had read that you could do it again 180 days later again, so I waited the 6 months and keep reading everything I could find about everyone's experience. The one thing that I ran across a few times were people talking about the 4506 form (income verification, straight from the IRS). I didn't want to go through the headache of having to deal with this but no where could I find at what amount this would be triggered.

When I finally it the 180 day mark I logged in and requested a CLI, I was afraid that the 3x would trigger it so I back it down just a bit and request a $40K limit. It didn't take it long before a pop up window showed up asking for me to complete the 4506 form and that it had to be done within 7 days.

I will say this was the one area that I was disappointed with customer service with AX for the first time ever. I completed the form on line to start with, I waited 24 hours and hadn't received any time of confirmation from them that they had received it, so I called them (on a Sunday) after having to explain the reason I was calling them several times they transferred me to another department where I was told that the department I needed was closed on Sunday and to call back Monday morning and they would be able to tell me then the outcome of the CLI request. I called back on Monday and again went through having to explain in detail several times to different people why I was called. I was transferred back. to the department that I needed to only be told that it takes a couple of days for things that are done on line to upload to there system, but that he could see that everything was there and to call back on Wednesday and they would have a answer for me. I called back on Wednesday and again after being transferred around finally got to the correct department. This time I was told that they didn't have the 4506 that I had completed on line and that I would need to go on line and complete it, I asked if they could email it to me and was told no. The Customer Service rep finally completed it for me with me giving him the information. Then he told me it would be 7 to 10 days before a decision was made and they would notify me when they made a decision. Let me just say that I had not told them anything about my income that wasn't correct and everything could be backed up by the information they were pulling, actually the income I use on all my credit applications is about $15K below what my income is.

7 days later as I was logged into my account making a payment I noticed that my credit limit had been increased to $40K. That was about 2 weeks ago, still haven't heard from anyone at AX telling me they approved my CLI but so what it shows up on my account. I do want to say a Huge Thanks to everyone out there for sharing all the information you do and being so helpful. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: AX Gold Delta 3X CLI second time

Congrats on the CLI! I'm not a fan of the IV either, not many of us are on the forums here (privacy, too much information given for a CLI)

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 8
Noneed2nv
Regular Contributor

Very nice CLI!  Congrats 

Message 3 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Very nice limit. Strange that there was no confirmation but whatever, you got it!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great jobSmiley Happy weird part is you didnt sctuslly request the full 3x. If you were going to do the 4506 anyway , should have gone big lol, you might have left 5k in the etherSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 8
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Great jobSmiley Happy weird part is you didnt sctuslly request the full 3x. If you were going to do the 4506 anyway , should have gone big lol, you might have left 5k in the etherSmiley Wink

Good point AverageJoe! I would argue that $10K was left on the table. I agree, if the plan was to do IV either way, then should have requested a bit more in order to get the max limit. 

Isn't it true that if you get the IV message, you can just hit the back button your browser and resubmit a lower amount?

Nonetheless, still and AWESOME limit on that card, esp considering it started at $5k!! Congrats, OP!!

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 6 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a wild story! Never the less, congratulations on the CLI. It is a nice one and very much deserved 👏🏾
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.