Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute Shocker by Discover!!

tag
NeverGivinUp
New Contributor

Absolute Shocker by Discover!!

DH & I still in Re-Build (1 yr.)  We both started with $200 Secured Discover while also getting a lot of other Secured & Unsecured good & crap Cards. Anyhow, we both graduated with $1500 limit & no luck for an increase (although still our highest cc limit). For the heck of it tonight, did the Disco Pre-Qual app. for DH (Exp now 680). He pre-qual'd for the IT & Chrome so I opted for 2nd IT & he was approved. Clicked on link to see CL & saw $8,000!!! Left it on my screen for about 10 mins. jumping around in complete DISBELIEF! Not much for a lot of you folks but for us, CRAZY! I figured, well let me try for myself (Exp 666). Surprisingly I was pre-qual'd for the IT & Chrome too. Went for 2nd IT too. Cannot BELIEVE approved for $4,000!!! For months, I kept wishing we had one card to put everything on and pay off every month. BAM!! Now we can 86 the crap cards. OMG!!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Absolute Shocker by Discover!!

BOOM...You and DH...

Awesome Congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

From 1 Rebuilder to another Rebuilder,  HUGE  CONGRATS  to you and DH on your 2nd Disco card Approvals - Way to Go!!! Smiley Wink 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 18
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

@NeverGivinUp wrote:

DH & I still in Re-Build (1 yr.)  We both started with $200 Secured Discover while also getting a lot of other Secured & Unsecured good & crap Cards. Anyhow, we both graduated with $1500 limit & no luck for an increase (although still our highest cc limit). For the heck of it tonight, did the Disco Pre-Qual app. for DH (Exp now 680). He pre-qual'd for the IT & Chrome so I opted for 2nd IT & he was approved. Clicked on link to see CL & saw $8,000!!! Left it on my screen for about 10 mins. jumping around in complete DISBELIEF! Not much for a lot of you folks but for us, CRAZY! I figured, well let me try for myself (Exp 666). Surprisingly I was pre-qual'd for the IT & Chrome too. Went for 2nd IT too. Cannot BELIEVE approved for $4,000!!! For months, I kept wishing we had one card to put everything on and pay off every month. BAM!! Now we can 86 the crap cards. OMG!!!

source.gif

AU

Message 3 of 18
Hut1
Established Contributor

@NeverGivinUp wrote:

Clicked on link to see CL & saw $8,000!!! Left it on my screen for about 10 mins. jumping around in complete DISBELIEF! Not much for a lot of you folks but for us, CRAZY! 

Don't even downplay your SL! I'm convinced that half the posters on here are NY Mob bosses anyways, so really, there's no comparison to us common folk. Smiley LOL

$8K is a ton of money and I'm so excited for you both! Congrats x2! 

*edit* Keep one crap card that's a Visa or MC. It's good to have handy if a vendor doesn't accept Disco. Smiley Happy

download

Message 4 of 18
NeverGivinUp
New Contributor

THANK YOU ~ Seriously!! For us, $12,000 CL within 10 mins. (about doubling our combined limit) is absolutely mind blowing! Especially since in the past year Discover wouldn't give either of us an increase??

Message 5 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on both your graduations 🎓 and approvals.
Message 6 of 18
NeverGivinUp
New Contributor

Ohh...I should mention they apparently did a Hard Pull for both of us. Got the Experian Alerts a while later. I can live with it!!

Message 7 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 8 of 18
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Laughing at the mob bosses comment....  crap boys, they found us!!   Congrats on the success, that's a great limit for sure.

Message 9 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great jobSmiley Happy though there may be Mob bosses here, ahem @Credit4All, ahem Smiley Wink, believe me when i say $8k is a killer limit for anyone! $4k is very respectable tooSmiley Happy. Enjoy your double cash back ×2 Smiley Happy Disco is my go to card and im but just an average JoeSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.