Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal Amex increase...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Abysmal Amex increase...

Well I went for my 180 day increase with Amex this morning and what a crash it was.
Went for it on my be which originally was approved for 2000. I moved 3800 several months ago from my everyday card to make it 5800.
So I conservatively asked for 15000 even figuring I'd probably get a 5000 increase instead. Which on my everyday I got only 2x.
The wheels spun around and came up approved....
Looked down to amount approved for $800.00
New limit 6600.
I've never seen that low of cli with Amex.
I think there trying to tell me something don't you think? Oh well guess I'm out of luck with anymore amex cli.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Abysmal Amex increase...

Congrats, at least it's something.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

While it wasn't what you hoped, at least it wasn't a denial. Congrats! 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trust me it could be worse. I spent a HP on my Chase Freedom and I got a paltry 900 dollar increase. I got excited when the analyst was like "Congratulations sir on your increase your new credit limit is 5400!" My old limit was 4500..........
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks b335... I'm not really complaining,a increase is an increase,and didn't need the increase.
Just thought and laughed as I was thinking that I set a new bar for low cli for Amex and that nobody on myfico will ever beat it.
Several of my cards won't increase anymore,so I'll have to get my dti down before I see anymore increases I think.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry jamison,I chuckled a little at your comment after reading,thinking well it could've been worse.
If it makes you feel any better Citi will not give me any sp cli at all and tried for an hp increase I still didn't get anything. Needless to say there cards get very little use after that fiasco.
Message 6 of 11
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Yea, could be a lot worse.

Asked for my first CLI after having my Chase Freedom card for 2yrs and was denied any amount with a HP!

Congrats on the increase! I'd take an $800 increase any day!
Message 7 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks b335... I'm not really complaining,a increase is an increase,and didn't need the increase.
Just thought and laughed as I was thinking that I set a new bar for low cli for Amex and that nobody on myfico will ever beat it.
Several of my cards won't increase anymore,so I'll have to get my dti down before I see anymore increases I think.

What is your DTI?  could be the reason for the small increase as they don't only look at the use on their cards, but overall and as you stated DTI..  

Message 8 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

At the risk of one-upping you, I've only received one (1) 3x CLI with Amex since 1998.  I can't keep my finger away from the submit application button though so it's my own doing :smilesad:

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what my dti is. But with my high car payment plus normal household bills and credit cards,it is definitely up there.
Probably will see the increases again when I get my auto loan paid.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.