cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept Discover CLI or wait for auto?

FICOPath
Frequent Contributor

Re: Accept Discover CLI or wait for auto?

@Homemaker wrote:

I only have 3 credit cards and the oldest is a Cap 1 from May. I got this Discover It in September with a CL 6200. My third statement cut last night, so I hit the CLI Button just now and they approved $1500. I was afraid that if I didn't take it, they may lower the offer next time, but I canceled it anyway. I just couldn't decide whether I should wait to see if they do an auto and then hit the button after the auto? $1500 sound about right on a 6200 limit?

It's better than Cap1, I'll tell you that.   

ive had mine 2-3 years and cant get CLI lol congrats

Message 11 of 13
ICYUNVME
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the CLI. That's awesome. So (if I'm reading it correctly) you got an auto and a requested CLI one at the same time? That's awesome either way. Discover is a great card. In 30 days I'm gonna share my 9 month Discover story with everyone. Just use it a lot and take care of it and in a few days after your 6th statement, hit the Luv button again. They'll take care of you!
Message 12 of 13
Homemaker
Established Member

Ficopath: Thanks! I think Disco likes my thin file and I use them most.

ICY: Yes. I requested a cli the day after my 3rd statement cut and was approved for $1500 and accepted it. But apparently Disco was already in the process of raising it by $1600. They did that either the same day or next day, and their auto CLI superceded the one I requested. So I went up $1600 from my original CL. I would be happy either way, but getting it auto was a good feeling.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.