Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental Chase CLI

tag
luxlight
Regular Contributor

Accidental Chase CLI

Hello all, I've had my Chase Freedom for about a year and 6 months with my Freedom Unlimited. However, I looked at my account today and noticed my credit line on the Unlimited went from $3700 -> $7200 automatically. When i called them today, they said my account automatically received the upgrade without any request from me. I don't know if it's related or not but i tried to put two charges a couple days ago that would have used up 2x the limit i originally had on my unlimited. Compared to my other credit cards, the limits on my freedom cards were low but now they're about in line with what I was hoping for. Is it a strategy to go over your credit limit to force a CLI from banks?

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Accidental Chase CLI

congrats on the auto cli from chase!

hoping one day i can get that on my cards

Message 2 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Auto-CLI's are the best!

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 3 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your PCLI!
Message 4 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Increase!!

Message 5 of 19
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@luxlight    I dont' know if it's a Trigger per say but I do know they like to see heavy spend and High payments (quickly or at a time) that's how I got my Auto love from them after a few months of having the card <3       How do you mean you Tried to do 2 large charges like they said no but then turned around and gave you the CLI?!?    I'm curious so I can maybe try this in the future haha

Message 6 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CFU auto-CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 19
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your limit increase!

Message 8 of 19
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

March 2024: Experian 762; Equifax 767; Transunion 769

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 04/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (2) Trans: (1) Equif: (1)

Message 9 of 19
luxlight
Regular Contributor

For the two charges, I saw them pending on my account after the purchases but checking it again today, both were gone from pending and from the posted charges as well. I didn't get any email or notification that the charges were blocked when I first made the purchase either. Only thing that tipped me off was I had a seperate $1k charge get blocked today after i made those 2 large purchases and when I called Chase, they said they blocked the $1k  but didnt touch the 2 previous large ones (totalling a little under $7k) and noted that I had received an auto CLI. 

Not super pertinent but history is (With my accounts with them, I've only carried  a balance once over 4ish months during the 0% apr period but outside of that, I just pay my statements in full on both cards. Came within a couple percent of my limit once in the past copule months but paid it off once the statement cut as well. Usually hit 50% utilization on it most of the time i've had the card)

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.