Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental Chase CLI

tag
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Re: Accidental Chase CLI

Lol...😆 

That isna great auto-increasse to receive 👌!

Congratulations! 

Message 11 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the auto luv Smiley Happy

It is not likely that this CLI was related to the charges you made. If you are going to try such a strategy I would only do it with items that I would want to receive in case the charges actually go through. Some cards you can spend above the stated CL.

Message 12 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@luxlight wrote:

Hello all, I've had my Chase Freedom for about a year and 6 months with my Freedom Unlimited. However, I looked at my account today and noticed my credit line on the Unlimited went from $3700 -> $7200 automatically. When i called them today, they said my account automatically received the upgrade without any request from me. I don't know if it's related or not but i tried to put two charges a couple days ago that would have used up 2x the limit i originally had on my unlimited. Compared to my other credit cards, the limits on my freedom cards were low but now they're about in line with what I was hoping for. Is it a strategy to go over your credit limit to force a CLI from banks?

I don't know if it's a strategy, I know I wouldn't have the nerve to try it.

But maybe you're onto something Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 19
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Chase auto CLI!

|  
Message 14 of 19
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 15 of 19
tacpoly
Established Contributor

@luxlight wrote:

Hello all, I've had my Chase Freedom for about a year and 6 months with my Freedom Unlimited. However, I looked at my account today and noticed my credit line on the Unlimited went from $3700 -> $7200 automatically. When i called them today, they said my account automatically received the upgrade without any request from me. I don't know if it's related or not but i tried to put two charges a couple days ago that would have used up 2x the limit i originally had on my unlimited. Compared to my other credit cards, the limits on my freedom cards were low but now they're about in line with what I was hoping for. Is it a strategy to go over your credit limit to force a CLI from banks?

It's not something I would recommend to everyone, but, yes, I find that maxing out my card usually results in a CLI.  Credit card companies like to see spend and large/full payments, so if you show you can afford your spending, they are happy to give you more credit.  

Message 16 of 19
Fico_Salamanca
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

>

>

Message 17 of 19
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Congrats!!! Love those auto CLIs on the rare occasion chase gives them out! 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 18 of 19
BAD_UP
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Chase CLI🎉👍

Starting Score: 541
Nov 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 635, TU8 636, EX8 644
Dec 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 633, TU8 658, EX8 661
Jan 15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 698, TU8 689, EX8 706
Feb15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 704, TU8 702 , EX8 712 Goal Score: All Scores 760+,

In the garden since 1/28/21
Recently App. 1/3/21 & 1/23/21
What will you attempt to do if you knew could not Fail?
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.