Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental approval Truist CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accidental approval Truist CC

I went onto the Truist site today to see what my BB&T credit cards will be replaced with. I didn't realize that I was signed into the site from my BB&T checking, savings and credit card accounts. I am really trying to just be in the garden for the next two years. The only thing I will be applying for is SP CLI's. 

I had to just check a few boxes so I could see the terms of the new cards. I had no intention of applying as I said due to me being in the garden for the last month and am not looking for new CC's over the next two years. Anyway, I checked the boxes to agree to the site terms. The next thing I knew I just applied for a new Trusit CC. Wait, what? See below approval. It does not say how much the CL will be but I am guessing it will be in line with all my other BB&T cards and all my Suntrust CC's too. Sheesh, this makes 3 new cards for me in November 2021. So much for being in the garden. Imagine if I was not in the garden LOL. Oh well

Thanks

Marktruist.jpg

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Accidental approval Truist CC

Well, congratulations on the new card....but assuming it did a hard pull and you didn't anticipate that, I don't know. Are you absolutely sure there was no indication that you were actually *applying* for a card? I'd be really upset if that happened to me. In fact, I'd request the HP be removed from my reports.

With three new cards just in November, you'd do well to garden for a couple of years! Smiley Very Happy  Come join us. It's nice in the garden...

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Well, congratulations on the new card....but assuming it did a hard pull and you didn't anticipate that, I don't know. Are you absolutely sure there was no indication that you were actually *applying* for a card? I'd be really upset if that happened to me. In fact, I'd request the HP be removed from my reports.

With three new cards just in November, you'd do well to garden for a couple of years! Smiley Very Happy  Come join us. It's nice in the garden...

I never was notified by any of the three agencies that a HP was done. I will check the three reports over the next week to see if it shows up.. In the past BB&T I think did a SP but I can not be sure. Anyway, it was probably my fault. That is what I get for trying to do things in the morning before my two cups of coffee hehehe

Thanks

Mark

Message 3 of 25
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on accidently adding a new approval!!

Message 4 of 25
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Doing things before having your coffee is definitely not recommended. Either way congrats on your approval!

Message 5 of 25
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

I never was notified by any of the three agencies that a HP was done. I will check the three reports over the next week to see if it shows up.. In the past BB&T I think did a SP but I can not be sure. Anyway, it was probably my fault. That is what I get for trying to do things in the morning before my two cups of coffee hehehe

I hear you on the coffee thing!! Smiley Very Happy

So it sounds like it may not have involved a hard pull at all. If so, yay!!  A new card and no HP. Nice. Smiley Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 6 of 25
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Truist approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 25
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 8 of 25
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval?

Message 9 of 25
collics
Established Contributor

Now Mark how did you 'accidentally' apply for a credit card? Smiley LOL

Congrats!! 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.