Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental approval Truist CC

tag
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Accidental approval Truist CC

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 on your Approval. What are your DP’s should help everyone. Thanks

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 11 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Well, congratulations on the new card....but assuming it did a hard pull and you didn't anticipate that, I don't know. Are you absolutely sure there was no indication that you were actually *applying* for a card? I'd be really upset if that happened to me. In fact, I'd request the HP be removed from my reports.

With three new cards just in November, you'd do well to garden for a couple of years! Smiley Very Happy  Come join us. It's nice in the garden...

The HP would be on EQ and there can be delays on seeing the pull.

Also, it is very straightforward to know when one is applying for Truist products if one is logged in to the app or website. This isn't like "oh I got confused and somehow ended up in the woods" scenario.

In the past BB&T used to have a pre-qualification portal where any eligible offers were SP -- if approved. Ask me how I know.  Even then, you know where you are as far as navigation within the app or website. FWIW, the OP didn't recall and forgot about applying for Aspiration ZERO, but they eventually got to submit some verification docs and were approved. Bottom line, the Truist app isn't tricky or gimmicky to trick anyone from doing something one is not supposed to.  So, if they incurred a HP as a result, asking to remove it is a moot point.

Message 12 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your accidental approval.

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Well, congratulations on the new card....but assuming it did a hard pull and you didn't anticipate that, I don't know. Are you absolutely sure there was no indication that you were actually *applying* for a card? I'd be really upset if that happened to me. In fact, I'd request the HP be removed from my reports.

With three new cards just in November, you'd do well to garden for a couple of years! Smiley Very Happy  Come join us. It's nice in the garden...

Also, it is very straightforward to know when one is applying for Truist products if one is logged in to the app or website. This isn't like "oh I got confused and somehow ended up in the woods" scenario.

In the past BB&T used to have a pre-qualification portal where any eligible offers were SP -- if approved. Ask me how I know.  Even then, you know where you are as far as navigation within the app or website. FWIW, the OP didn't recall and forgot about applying for Aspiration ZERO, but they eventually got to submit some verification docs and were approved. Bottom line, the Truist app isn't tricky or gimmicky to trick anyone from doing something one is not supposed to.  So, if they incurred a HP as a result, asking to remove it is a moot point.

I agee, this was probably my fault. I just figured that I would have to enter my name, address SS#, DOB etc. I never realized that the technology is so new that they knew all that and I did not have to enter it all. I think that is what caught me off guard. I am not even sure which card I applied for???? hahaha I think it was the purple one??? 

Speaking of the Aspiration card I need to open a new thread, I am very concerned about how they are reporting the new card or should I say lack of reporting the card. Smiley Surprised

Thanks

Mark

Message 14 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

I agee, this was probably my fault. I just figured that I would have to enter my name, address SS#, DOB etc. I never realized that the technology is so new that they knew all that and I did not have to enter it all. I think that is what caught me off guard. I am not even sure which card I applied for???? hahaha I think it was the purple one??? 

Speaking of the Aspiration card I need to open a new thread, I am very concerned about how they are reporting the new card or should I say lack of reporting the card. Smiley Surprised

Thanks

Mark

My Aspiration ZERO card hasn't reported either and I'm ok with that. Sometimes 'invisible' tradelines can be a good thing. I would imagine before a new thread is started on this, give things some time.  I typically wait and see how new products tend to function after 60 days (from a reporting perspective). So, lack of reporting is not a bad thing unless you're adamant that you need to see it on CRs.  FWIW, Diners Club credit cards went years without reporting before they [BMO Harris Bank] decided to change that.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 on your Approval. What are your DP’s should help everyone. Thanks

Lets see. As per the Citi bank double cash MC my FICO is 787 today and the Suntrust site says the same today.

My oldest account is ouch 42 years old that is an old Chase card.

Total credit cards including the new ones not yet in my hands is 81.

Total credit lines not knowing the Truist line so I will not include that. As per EQ 1.35 million. EX shows 1.38 million

I have an open dispute at HSBC which is resolved but EQ is not including that CL in my summery of accounts. The account shows up as excellent but the CL shows as blank. Not the same at the others, they show the CL.

Average age of accounts 13.7 years

My highest CL is $300,000 and my lowest is $5,000, Several in the $75,000 and eight in the $50,000 range with the majority between $5,000 and $25,000

Thanks

Mark

Message 16 of 25
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Thank you @Anonymous for the DP’s

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 17 of 25
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Truist approval!

Current FICO 8:

Message 18 of 25
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Truist approval 👍🏼

Message 19 of 25
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I did something similar with BB&T a couple years ago. I knew I was in the application process, but I had done that on numerous cards before, and would back out/close before getting to the final "Submit" page. It wasn't clear that I actually completing the application and it resulted in getting a card I really didn't want. Ultimately, it was my fault, but their app process was unclear about how far I was going with the app. 

Here was my thread about it back then:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Inadvertently-Approved-for-BB-amp-T-Spectrum-...

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.