Re: Accidental approval Truist CC

Grats on your accidental Truist approval Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 25
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Well, congratulations on the new card....but assuming it did a hard pull and you didn't anticipate that, I don't know. Are you absolutely sure there was no indication that you were actually *applying* for a card? I'd be really upset if that happened to me. In fact, I'd request the HP be removed from my reports.

With three new cards just in November, you'd do well to garden for a couple of years! Smiley Very Happy  Come join us. It's nice in the garden...

The HP would be on EQ and there can be delays on seeing the pull.

Also, it is very straightforward to know when one is applying for Truist products if one is logged in to the app or website. This isn't like "oh I got confused and somehow ended up in the woods" scenario.

In the past BB&T used to have a pre-qualification portal where any eligible offers were SP -- if approved. Ask me how I know.  Even then, you know where you are as far as navigation within the app or website. FWIW, the OP didn't recall and forgot about applying for Aspiration ZERO, but they eventually got to submit some verification docs and were approved. Bottom line, the Truist app isn't tricky or gimmicky to trick anyone from doing something one is not supposed to.  So, if they incurred a HP as a result, asking to remove it is a moot point.

Yeah, as you can see from my "are you absolutely sure" question, I wondered about that! Smiley Happy

I don't have any accounts or experience with Truist or BB&T, so I had nothing personal to go on. But based on years of experience in general, I've always found it quite clear when I'm applying for something versus just updating information, etc., so it did seem curious. Mark has acknowledged that yes, it's most likely on him, so whatever! Hopefully, lesson learned! Smiley Very Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 22 of 25
cr101
Established Contributor

Suuure. LOL. This was a funny read. I tried to recreate what could have possibly happened. When you do the app, it asks if you're a customer. I was already logged in, but it made me log in again. It pre-filled the app w my info. I noticed at the top that it shows your progression, with the final step, step 3, being "confirmation". Now, I've had a similar issue with a Barclays CLI bc they use a Continue button instead of a Submit button. 😡 So, maybe the Truist confirmation page has confusing verbiage? [ETA: @JNA1 , I just read your BBT post and that's exactly what happened to me with my Barclays CLI. They shouldn't be allowed to use a Continue button to SUBMIT an application!]

But, you defintely need some type of lock on your computer. You know those devices that people convicted of DWIs have to use to test their blood alcohol level before their car will start? You need something to test your caffeine level before you can use your computer. 🤣

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that is what caught me off guard. I am not even sure which card I applied for???? hahaha I think it was the purple one??? 

They have 2 purple cards, and one is secured. You better hope that it wasn't the secured card. 🤣 

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cr101 wrote:

Suuure. LOL. This was a funny read. I tried to recreate what could have possibly happened. When you do the app, it asks if you're a customer. I was already logged in, but it made me log in again. It pre-filled the app w my info. I noticed at the top that it shows your progression, with the final step, step 3, being "confirmation". Now, I've had a similar issue with a Barclays CLI bc they use a Continue button instead of a Submit button. 😡 So, maybe the Truist confirmation page has confusing verbiage? [ETA: @JNA1 , I just read your BBT post and that's exactly what happened to me with my Barclays CLI. They shouldn't be allowed to use a Continue button to SUBMIT an application!]

But, you defintely need some type of lock on your computer. You know those devices that people convicted of DWIs have to use to test their blood alcohol level before their car will start? You need something to test your caffeine level before you can use your computer. 🤣

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that is what caught me off guard. I am not even sure which card I applied for???? hahaha I think it was the purple one??? 

They have 2 purple cards, and one is secured. You better hope that it wasn't the secured card. 🤣 

LOL It was not the secured one. That one was at the bottom of the page. The one at the top of the page is where I started. The very first card I looked at was the purple one at the top. That is the one I applied for. I am writing this now before my two cups of coffee today. You know where that can end up ROFL

Thanks

Mark

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cr101 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well you had me a little nervous about me maybe getting the secured card LOL I checked the Truist site today and the account shows as open with a SL of $12,000 which is in line with my Suntrust cards. It seems like it will be a good rewards card and will be giving Capital One a run for the money. It has the same rewards as the Capital One QS card exactly. However, my Capital One cards do have much higher CL's.

Thanks again,

Mark

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.