gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Added another one! Wal-Mart MasterCard

Grats on your new Walmart card Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's still Synchrony, would be easier to boost CL before accts move over to cap1, not?
Message 12 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 13 of 21
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If it's still Synchrony, would be easier to boost CL before accts move over to cap1, not?

It won't matter. Synchrony requires 3 statements before they think of approving a CLI usually. By the time that happens the account will transfer to Capitol One. Anyways enjoy your new account.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It might still be worth a shot. I have seen numerous people getting approved for Sync cards and calling the credit solutions line immediately and recon a higher limit. I have never seen that with Cap1. You pretty much have to wait out the 6 months with Cap1.

I might go for it before the change in Oct. Mainly because Sync likes my profile and Cap1 thinks of me as “meh”.

Message 15 of 21
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new Walmart card!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 16 of 21
DCreationrebel
New Contributor

Thank you all! Apreciate you! I just checked. Dr of Credit and seen in October Capital One will take over Wal-Mart credit accounts.

I have 2 Quicksilvers with Capone&yep they are stingy with CLI😜. Since 2008 economic collapse, they really pulled back the CLI love compared to pre 2008 they was real generous.
Message 17 of 21
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@DCreationrebel wrote:
Thank you all! Apreciate you! I just checked. Dr of Credit and seen in October Capital One will take over Wal-Mart credit accounts.

I have 2 Quicksilvers with Capone&yep they are stingy with CLI😜. Since 2008 economic collapse, they really pulled back the CLI love compared to pre 2008 they was real generous.

Awesome!

We are all still quite curious to know how the trade line was reported? Assuming Sync, but enquiring minds...

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 18 of 21
ficosuave
Contributor

Congrats to the OP!

If I can interject just to provide another DP, I was also recently approved for a Walmart Mastercard. Wanted another Capital One card (I'm one that actually likes them, just not the triple pulls). So figured this would be a cheap way to grab one.

Was approved on the 11th, reported on the 14th. Reported under Synchrony.

Received the card a couple days ago now, it included the Capital One letter with the October 11th notice. Same information as was displayed prior to applying.

PS: First post, been reading these forums for about 2.5 years. Figured it was past time I signed up.

Message 19 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@ficosuave wrote:

Congrats to the OP!

If I can interject just to provide another DP, I was also recently approved for a Walmart Mastercard. Wanted another Capital One card (I'm one that actually likes them, just not the triple pulls). So figured this would be a cheap way to grab one.

Was approved on the 11th, reported on the 14th. Reported under Synchrony.

Received the card a couple days ago now, it included the Capital One letter with the October 11th notice. Same information as was displayed prior to applying.

PS: First post, been reading these forums for about 2.5 years. Figured it was past time I signed up.

@ficosuave

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.