cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affinity Cash Rewards Approval - $32,500 SL @ 12.5%!

tag
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

Re: Affinity Cash Rewards Approval - $32,500 SL @ 12.5%!

@JNA1 wrote:

So I totally blame a good friend and @Taurus22  that already have this card for this awesomeness! 😂 I joined Affinity around 5 months ago and threw $2500 in their SmartStart 2% Savings Account, with the full intention of app’ing for this card in Jan or Feb AFTER getting 4/24 and going for the Freedom Flex. However, on Oct 1st when Affinity updated their prespproved offers, they gave me a 12.5% offer up to $32,500. You can’t dangle that kind of carrot in front of me, man!! 😂
So I decided to app, fully expecting to get a lesser offer. I apped Tues, and this evening after 3 agonizing days of waiting, I got a Docusign form to sign, and the account showed up on my app tonight. I’m ecstatic with this SL and I’m glad to wait on the Chase card a bit longer to get this great card at that SL!

This approval officially puts me the $200K Club as well! 

DPs: 

0/6, 2/12, and 9/24 new accounts at time of app

F8 EX score - 778
110K income 

I had 11 CCs - TCL $188K (prior to app)

2% utilization

21% DTI  

I've been an Affinity member for 5 months.

Affinity sends out preapprovals quarterly, and these were first I've gotten. 

I opened a SmartStart 2% Savings account and 1% Cash Back Debit Checking right after I joined, though I've only used the debit card a couple of times. 

14FF4E1A-1754-4778-B73B-7BBDD5703A49.png

81EFE3EA-EE9D-4575-8E68-1CE802DA5518.jpeg

Wow, congrats on a terrific approval. That is an insane starting limit. Yeah, the Flex won't give you that. So good move. Is there a limit on the 5% on this card?

Message 31 of 51
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@Crowhelm wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

So I totally blame a good friend and @Taurus22  that already have this card for this awesomeness! 😂 I joined Affinity around 5 months ago and threw $2500 in their SmartStart 2% Savings Account, with the full intention of app’ing for this card in Jan or Feb AFTER getting 4/24 and going for the Freedom Flex. However, on Oct 1st when Affinity updated their prespproved offers, they gave me a 12.5% offer up to $32,500. You can’t dangle that kind of carrot in front of me, man!! 😂
So I decided to app, fully expecting to get a lesser offer. I apped Tues, and this evening after 3 agonizing days of waiting, I got a Docusign form to sign, and the account showed up on my app tonight. I’m ecstatic with this SL and I’m glad to wait on the Chase card a bit longer to get this great card at that SL!

DPs: 

F8 EX score - 778
110K income 

2% utilization

21% DTI  

I opened a SmartStart 2% Savings account and 1% Cash Back Debit Checking right after I joined, though I've only used the debit card a couple of times. 

Wow, congrats on a terrific approval. That is an insane starting limit. Yeah, the Flex won't give you that. So good move. Is there a limit on the 5% on this card?

@Crowhelm   $3500 per month on Amazon and quarterly categories

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 32 of 51
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 on your approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 33 of 51
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@Taurus22 wrote:

@Crowhelm wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

DPs: 

F8 EX score - 778
110K income 

2% utilization

21% DTI  

Nice, of course, I do have the Amazon card but you say other categories. Home improvement? That would be awesome

Message 34 of 51
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

@Crowhelm wrote:

@Taurus22 wrote:

@Crowhelm wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

DPs: 

F8 EX score - 778
110K income 

2% utilization

21% DTI  

Nice, of course, I do have the Amazon card but you say other categories. Home improvement? That would be awesome

The rotating categories are in addition to the base earnings. So this quarter will give you 10% on Amazon , Not just 5%

Message 35 of 51
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@arunkumarmm wrote:

@Crowhelm wrote:

@Taurus22 wrote:

@Crowhelm wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

DPs: 

F8 EX score - 778
110K income 

2% utilization

21% DTI  

The rotating categories are in addition to the base earnings. So this quarter will give you 10% on Amazon , Not just 5%

Wow, very nice and thanks for the info

Message 36 of 51
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats on one helluva SL!

Message 37 of 51
JNA1
Valued Contributor

It’s here!!!😂😂

I was approved Thurs evening, so I figured with yesterday being a holiday I would be lucky to see it by the end of this week

819CFC65-73B6-464E-A997-2F20E7412E24.jpeg

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 38 of 51
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@JNA1 Huge congrats, that is a fat SL. This will be a great card to anchor your lineup, nicely done!

Message 39 of 51
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

It’s here!!!😂😂

I was approved Thurs evening, so I figured with yesterday being a holiday I would be lucky to see it by the end of this week

819CFC65-73B6-464E-A997-2F20E7412E24.jpeg

Congrats again. Itching to get this one as well. Wondering if I need to wait or can I still go for it? I guess if I like a bigger CL I'll better do what you did. My wife got her Custom Cash and the two Freedom Flex cards today as well. The Freedom Flex is still old-style, with embossed numbers on the front of the card.

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.