cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affinity Cash Rewards Approval - $32,500 SL @ 12.5%!

Aim_High
Senior Contributor

Re: Affinity Cash Rewards Approval - $32,500 SL @ 12.5%!

Whoa!  Awesome approval, @JNA1, and thanks for those additional data points!

Very nice approval and SL!  Enjoy!  Smiley Very Happy

 

Congrats_Sky_Limit.jpg

 

 

 



Length of Credit > 35 years; Total Credit Limits > $500K
AoOA > 28 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2020); Gardening since 08/15/20.
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 21 of 51
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

Re: Affinity Cash Rewards Approval - $32,500 SL @ 12.5%!

Did you have to provide income verification when joining and/or while being approved for this card?  Congrats on huge SL and low APR

Message 22 of 51
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Affinity Cash Rewards Approval - $32,500 SL @ 12.5%!


@Eyepinpools wrote:

Did you have to provide income verification when joining and/or while being approved for this card?  Congrats on huge SL and low APR


I did not, which is unusual, from other DPs and approval threads. I have to think making regular deposits to the checking and savings account probably helped me in that regard. It seems like most people I've seen here join and apply for te card at the same time. I've had much better luck joining, throwing some cash in account or two for several months and then applying after I got preapprovals. My Navy Federal card and this one have been my two largest SLs, and I used the same tactic on both. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage.
Total CL - $347,250
Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 10/1/21- $6823.23

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:


Message 23 of 51
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Affinity Cash Rewards Approval - $32,500 SL @ 12.5%!

Congrats @JNA1 and thank you for all the data points. Huge SL.

 

Wondering...is a preapproval and applying through that preapproval still a hard pull? How did you apply if I may ask?

 

Thanks!

 

bizcredit11

Message 24 of 51
KingRue8500
Valued Contributor

Re: Affinity Cash Rewards Approval - $32,500 SL @ 12.5%!

Congrats on your Affinity Cash Rewards approval




Message 25 of 51
coreyb80
Senior Contributor

Re: Affinity Cash Rewards Approval - $32,500 SL @ 12.5%!

Congrats on the massive approval!

Message 26 of 51
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Affinity Cash Rewards Approval - $32,500 SL @ 12.5%!


@bizcredit11 wrote:

Congrats @JNA1 and thank you for all the data points. Huge SL.

 

Wondering...is a preapproval and applying through that preapproval still a hard pull? How did you apply if I may ask?

 

Thanks!

 

bizcredit11


Yes, it is still a HP, even though I accepted the pre-approved offer. I app'd Tues and the HP happened instantly, and I got approved yesterday evening. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage.
Total CL - $347,250
Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 10/1/21- $6823.23

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:


Message 27 of 51
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

Re: Affinity Cash Rewards Approval - $32,500 SL @ 12.5%!


@JNA1 wrote:

So I totally blame a good friend and @Taurus22  that already have this card for this awesomeness! 😂 I joined Affinity around 5 months ago and threw $2500 in their SmartStart 2% Savings Account, with the full intention of app’ing for this card in Jan or Feb AFTER getting 4/24 and going for the Freedom Flex. However, on Oct 1st when Affinity updated their prespproved offers, they gave me a 12.5% offer up to $32,500. You can’t dangle that kind of carrot in front of me, man!! 😂
So I decided to app, fully expecting to get a lesser offer. I apped Tues, and this evening after 3 agonizing days of waiting, I got a Docusign form to sign, and the account showed up on my app tonight. I’m ecstatic with this SL and I’m glad to wait on the Chase card a bit longer to get this great card at that SL!

 

This approval officially puts me the $200K Club as well! 

DPs: 

0/6, 2/12, and 9/24 new accounts at time of app

F8 EX score - 778
110K income 

I had 11 CCs - TCL $188K (prior to app)

2% utilization

21% DTI  

 

I've been an Affinity member for 5 months.

 

Affinity sends out preapprovals quarterly, and these were first I've gotten. 


I opened a SmartStart 2% Savings account and 1% Cash Back Debit Checking right after I joined, though I've only used the debit card a couple of times. 

 

14FF4E1A-1754-4778-B73B-7BBDD5703A49.png

 

81EFE3EA-EE9D-4575-8E68-1CE802DA5518.jpeg

 


This is terrific! You beat me to it, I applied last night after Citi Approval. I did not had a preapproval, only opened Checking and savings last month. The app said approved bit no other info. I have emailed the docs requested but hopefully I will know only on Tuesday or Wednesday as Monday is holiday for them..

Message 28 of 51
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Affinity Cash Rewards Approval - $32,500 SL @ 12.5%!


@arunkumarmm wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

So I totally blame a good friend and @Taurus22  that already have this card for this awesomeness! 😂 I joined Affinity around 5 months ago and threw $2500 in their SmartStart 2% Savings Account, with the full intention of app’ing for this card in Jan or Feb AFTER getting 4/24 and going for the Freedom Flex. However, on Oct 1st when Affinity updated their prespproved offers, they gave me a 12.5% offer up to $32,500. You can’t dangle that kind of carrot in front of me, man!! 😂
So I decided to app, fully expecting to get a lesser offer. I apped Tues, and this evening after 3 agonizing days of waiting, I got a Docusign form to sign, and the account showed up on my app tonight. I’m ecstatic with this SL and I’m glad to wait on the Chase card a bit longer to get this great card at that SL!

 

This approval officially puts me the $200K Club as well! 

DPs: 

0/6, 2/12, and 9/24 new accounts at time of app

F8 EX score - 778
110K income 

I had 11 CCs - TCL $188K (prior to app)

2% utilization

21% DTI  

 

I've been an Affinity member for 5 months.

 

Affinity sends out preapprovals quarterly, and these were first I've gotten. 


I opened a SmartStart 2% Savings account and 1% Cash Back Debit Checking right after I joined, though I've only used the debit card a couple of times. 

 

14FF4E1A-1754-4778-B73B-7BBDD5703A49.png

 

81EFE3EA-EE9D-4575-8E68-1CE802DA5518.jpeg

 


This is terrific! You beat me to it, I applied last night after Citi Approval. I did not had a preapproval, only opened Checking and savings last month. The app said approved bit no other info. I have emailed the docs requested but hopefully I will know only on Tuesday or Wednesday as Monday is holiday for them..


Congrats! After I sent my signed the Docusign  documents in, the card  account showed up in my banking app later that evening.  

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage.
Total CL - $347,250
Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 10/1/21- $6823.23

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:


Message 29 of 51
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

Re: Affinity Cash Rewards Approval - $32,500 SL @ 12.5%!


@JNA1 wrote:

@arunkumarmm wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

So I totally blame a good friend and @Taurus22  that already have this card for this awesomeness! 😂 I joined Affinity around 5 months ago and threw $2500 in their SmartStart 2% Savings Account, with the full intention of app’ing for this card in Jan or Feb AFTER getting 4/24 and going for the Freedom Flex. However, on Oct 1st when Affinity updated their prespproved offers, they gave me a 12.5% offer up to $32,500. You can’t dangle that kind of carrot in front of me, man!! 😂
So I decided to app, fully expecting to get a lesser offer. I apped Tues, and this evening after 3 agonizing days of waiting, I got a Docusign form to sign, and the account showed up on my app tonight. I’m ecstatic with this SL and I’m glad to wait on the Chase card a bit longer to get this great card at that SL!

 

This approval officially puts me the $200K Club as well! 

DPs: 

0/6, 2/12, and 9/24 new accounts at time of app

F8 EX score - 778
110K income 

I had 11 CCs - TCL $188K (prior to app)

2% utilization

21% DTI  

 

I've been an Affinity member for 5 months.

 

Affinity sends out preapprovals quarterly, and these were first I've gotten. 


I opened a SmartStart 2% Savings account and 1% Cash Back Debit Checking right after I joined, though I've only used the debit card a couple of times. 

 


This is terrific! You beat me to it, I applied last night after Citi Approval. I did not had a preapproval, only opened Checking and savings last month. The app said approved bit no other info. I have emailed the docs requested but hopefully I will know only on Tuesday or Wednesday as Monday is holiday for them..


Congrats! After I sent my signed the Docusign  documents in, the card  account showed up in my banking app later that evening.  


Not the docusign yet. Have sent the paystubs for the conditional approval. I asked if they can tell me the SL or APR and they said they dont know yet!

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.