cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affinity Cash Rewards Visa Signature approval!

tag
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Affinity Cash Rewards Visa Signature approval!

The time is nigh...

We have some repairs and remodeling of our homestead looming, so it was time to pull the trigger on the Affinity Cash Rewards Visa Signature card and make an attempt at the spending SUB's (yes, plural)!  It helps that Home Improvement is part of the Hi5 category spends this quarter for that 5% match, and the $3500 match limit will certainly help!  There is the $200 SUB after $3000 spend, but in addition to that there is an additional $200 SUB when spending $20,000.

I joined AFCU this past January, but I couldn't meet the spend requirements at that time.  So I deposited $5k in their SmartSavings (first $2500 earns 2% APR, next $2500 earns 1% APR).  Pulled the trigger for the Cash Rewards on 5/3, but did not get an instant approval.  Bummer... I've acquired 5 new cards in the past 3 months (see my signature) and a mortgage in Jan.

However,  yesterday I got an email from their UW team to upload my most recent 2 paystubs.  After that, I got the approval email stating a $10,000 starting limit and 12.5% APR!  I'm happy about the limit, even though it seems to be on the lower end of most applicants... I'm sure my recent activity with cards has a lot to do with it.

DP's

• Pulled EX8, which is 752
  • Been a member of AFCU for 4 months
  • New CC accounts (accts/months):  3/3, 5/6, 5/12
  • Inquiries on EX:  2/3, 4/6, 6/12 (2 mortgage inquiries)
  • UTI <1%
  • BK7 in 2012
  • AAoA around 3 years

AFCU Approval.jpg

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Affinity Cash Rewards Visa Signature approval!

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Affinity Cash Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Pretty good approval, grats on the 10K Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on that Affinity CR Visa Sig approval!

Message 5 of 12
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

Hail to the king, baby! Congratulations.

Message 6 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

The time is nigh...

We have some repairs and remodeling of our homestead looming, so it was time to pull the trigger on the Affinity Cash Rewards Visa Signature card and make an attempt at the spending SUB's (yes, plural)!  It helps that Home Improvement is part of the Hi5 category spends this quarter for that 5% match, and the $3500 match limit will certainly help!  There is the $200 SUB after $3000 spend, but in addition to that there is an additional $200 SUB when spending $20,000.

I joined AFCU this past January, but I couldn't meet the spend requirements at that time.  So I deposited $5k in their SmartSavings (first $2500 earns 2% APR, next $2500 earns 1% APR).  Pulled the trigger for the Cash Rewards on 5/3, but did not get an instant approval.  Bummer... I've acquired 5 new cards in the past 3 months (see my signature) and a mortgage in Jan.

However,  yesterday I got an email from their UW team to upload my most recent 2 paystubs.  After that, I got the approval email stating a $10,000 starting limit and 12.5% APR!  I'm happy about the limit, even though it seems to be on the lower end of most applicants... I'm sure my recent activity with cards has a lot to do with it.

DP's

• Pulled EX8, which is 752
  • Been a member of AFCU for 4 months
  • New CC accounts (accts/months):  3/3, 5/6, 5/12
  • Inquiries on EX:  2/3, 4/6, 6/12 (2 mortgage inquiries)
  • UTI <1%
  • BK7 in 2012
  • AAoA around 3 years

AFCU Approval.jpg

Very informative -- thank you for taking the time to share useful details. Congratulations! on an excellent approval.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on landing the Affinity card!

Message 9 of 12
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting one of the best cards out there! 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.