cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 8 months of rebuild I'm 3 for 3 on app spree!

tag
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

After 8 months of rebuild I'm 3 for 3 on app spree!

Discover it secured - $200 (pulled EX)
CFNA Firestone - $900 (pulled TU)
Mission lane no af visa - $1000 (pulled TU)
My scores are all in the bottom 600s
I'm excited to see some decent limits! I had been eyeing the discover it secured for awhile for it's rewards and the opportunity to build a relationship with discover and graduate to a good card. The Firestone is for the special financing and 5% off. I decided to do the mission lane cause the mailer said no af and up to $1000 and my limits are so low I need emergency credit funds to which until now I didn't have. These apps were for more practical use than credit building and I am glad to have the credit I need now. Won't be getting another card for another 8 months or so. I'm pretty pleased tho to say I am 3 for 3 with decent limits and the cards are not too bad.
Current 2023 FICO 8 score - 760 (EX) 758 (TU) 762 (EQ) (FICO 9s seem to be significantly higher)
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
Citi Custom Cash - $6,600
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
Chase slate (AU) - $3,000
Chase Freedom Flex - $11,100
Lowes Advantage card - $10,000
PNC poop points- $4,500
2 student loans 93% paid off
AMEX loan only 7% paid off so far
Total current Utilization among all accounts- 20%

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: After 8 months of rebuild I'm 3 for 3 on app spree!

Congrats on yur rebuild and approvals!

Message 2 of 13
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Nice rebuild!
AU

Message 3 of 13
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new cards and continued success with building your credit profile!

Message 4 of 13
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys! I still got a long way to go until good credit but at least Im seeing some progress! My credit is actually starting to work for me and benefit my life. Gonna garden for awhile.
Current 2023 FICO 8 score - 760 (EX) 758 (TU) 762 (EQ) (FICO 9s seem to be significantly higher)
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
PNC poop points- $4,500

Message 5 of 13
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, keep up the great work! Yes, definitely make your credit work for you. That's my motto lol. I don't get any card if it doesn't pay me too use it, and always PIF to avoid interest. Good luck on the rest of your rebuild! That Disco secured is going to be good to you. Mine started as a $200 secured as well and graduated + auto increased to $1500 at 7 months and a day.
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 13
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your cards!

just food for thought, you might want to consider your next cards carefully because some card issuers such as Chase have rules on the number of cards you can open in an X amount of time to be considered. 

5/24 Chase for example is 5 cards in 24 months.

Barclays 6/24 (ymmv here)

b of a will only approve you for at most two cards per rolling 2 months, three cards per rolling 12 months, and four cards per rolling 24 months. It's coined the 2/3/4 rule. 

Message 7 of 13
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

Thank you and yes I did consider that! I won't be getting any more cards for awhile so I should be able to avoid those restrictions. I'm gonna rebuild for the next year until I can qualify for a prime card. The one I'm eyeing next down the road is the savor card for it's sign up bonus and high cash back. I already have a solid relationship with cap1 so it also seems to be the natural next step. Currently my scores are just not near good enough for that card 😕 but I don't believe cap1 restricts the amount of new accounts, do they?
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
PNC poop points- $4,500

Message 8 of 13
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Not that I know of other than you can only have two of their cards. Maximum of two personal cards, but only Capital One branded cards (e.g not co-branded cards like the Sony card) count. Cards that have been product changed due to other cards being discontinued do not count either (even if they are Capital One branded cards).
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Great start to your rebuild!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.