cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a Very Rough Three Years, I Think That Citi Now Loves Me....

tag
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

After a Very Rough Three Years, I Think That Citi Now Loves Me....

Three years ago, immediately off of a foreclosure from less than a year ago - and only five years years after just walking away from my debts, I could not have gotten credit from Finger Hut (That is probably an exaggeration, but...). I had a credit score of 537 - and my credit was just a mess. I learned my lesson WELL, and have had squeaky clean on time payments and a utilization rate less than 5%, I think that I have finally dug myself out of the deep hole that I had dug for myself. I had always wanted a Best Buy credit cards - and I was consistently declined, until, finally, about three days ago! I was approved for $5K. Then, yesterday I was shopping for a table lamp and I thought that I would try Home Depot - and while there I applied for their credit card, also backed by Citi. I was approved for $5K. I didn't find what I wanted, so I went across the way to Costco - and got the membership and applied for the credit card (one of the very best on the market - also backed by Citi) - and I was approved for $6K. It has been a great 3 days. $16K worth of approved credit - and I still haven't bought anything - but it is great to know that I am back in with Citi!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: After a Very Rough Three Years, I Think That Citi Now Loves Me....

YOU...

Awesome Congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

From 1 Rebuilder to another Rebuilder, CONGRATS  on your approval of a TRIFECTA of Citi cards and Welcome to the Citi family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all your Citi approvals!!
Message 4 of 17
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Congrats on staying with it!

Dwight Congrats.gif

Message 5 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 17
rgate88
Regular Contributor

People wanna bash Citi so easily for not being Chase or AmEx, but they've been extemely generous to me and many others in here. Enjoy your victories!

CO Platinum - $500; CO Quicksilver - $2,000; Marcus GM BuyPower - $700; Target MC - $9,000; Chase Amazon Prime - $17,300; PNC Core - $27,000; Citi DoubleCash - $8,300 - AmEx Everyday - $2,500 (was $20,000); Citi Simplicity - $29,500; Chase World of Hyatt - $17,300; PayPal LOC - $10,000; PNC Cash Rewards - $36,000; U.S. Bank Altitude Go - $15,000; AmEx Platinum - NPSL ($7,800 POT); Elan Max Cash (Alliance CU) - $25,000; Alliance CU LOC - $2,000; BMO Harris Cash Back (Was Bank of the West Cash Back) - $3,000; (Closed Block-Fi - $15,000 RIP); Wells Fargo Autograph Visa - $10,000; Chase Freedom Flex - $20,300; Venmo - $15,000; AllTru LOC - $10,000

Business Trade Lines - Chase Ink Cash - $4,000 (original limit $19,600); Chase Ink Preferred - $10,000; AmEx BBP - $5,500; Hilton Honors Business - $5,000; FNBO Evergreen Business - $15,000; Elan Business Visa (Alliance CU) - $20,000; Citi Business AAdvantage Platinum Select - $16,000; Marcus GM Business - $2,500; Kabbage LOC - $9,500; Marriott Bonvoy Business - $14,600; Barclays AAdvantage Aviator WE Business - $7,000; IHG Rewards Premier Business - $5,000; Delta Platinum Business - $16,400; Edward Jones Business (Elan) - $2,000; Barclays Wyndham Earner Business - $7,000

Total CLI - $399,900
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on app spree approvals .. citi must love your profile !!!!!!

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow 3 in one day Congrats! I don't know if it was sheer chance you happend upon all Citi lenders, of if you planned it that way. lol

While I don't dislike Citi, as I have two of their cards. I doubt that I would app 3 of their products all in one day though.

Message 9 of 17
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

No, I didn't plan the apps around Citi. Citi just handled the ones that went after.

I am now DONE perhaps 2020. In the garden I go!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.