cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After hearing me talk like a "credit" addict for a year my little sister finally hit got Delta Gold

tag
MudkipsRKooL
Regular Contributor

After hearing me talk like a "credit" addict for a year my little sister finally hit got Delta Gold

My sister's credit score was 660s a year+ ago. I added her to my AU for 2 of my cards to buff up her cards. Not sure if her past derogs fell off or anything. But I guess me talking like a credit addict and mentioning "travel hacking" with credit cards really made them have an incentive to "apply". Since I've always mentioned that if they are PAYING for 1-2 trips a year, they could get "free" trips just by spending their usual "foodie" and "travel" spends they are doing now. Anyways mentioned my recent Cash+ card also as well as Delta Plantinum offer, my sister hit the "app" and got 10K for Amex's Delta Gold Skymiles. It's amazing considering she has 700-730s credit rating (CK's) and probably lower if you take away my AU cards from her. She has no credit cards except 2 completed loans. I'm wondering if my 10K BCE was a factor in it as well, not 100% but I'm happy and a bit jealous considering I was not offered 10K starting credit lmao on my first card, let alone a card with benefits! hello CreditOneBank!

Current score: 778ex | 774tu | 777eq
INQ status: 1/24, 1/12

Currrent Cards:

Future:
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: After hearing me talk like a "credit" addict for a year my little sister finally hit g

Congratulations on DS approval!

Message 2 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: After hearing me talk like a "credit" addict for a year my little sister finally hit g

Grats to your sisters 10K start right out the gate!!

Message 3 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your DS approval!!

Message 4 of 14
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Good on you helping out lil sis, congrats to her on a sweet approval!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 5 of 14
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats to your little sister on her AmEx Delta Gold Skymiles approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations to your sister on her new Delta Amex! It sounds like you have taught her well. 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 14
Irv02
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your sister's approval!!!

Message 8 of 14
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Very happy for you and your sister. Sharing credit knowledge does make you feel good. 😃

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 9 of 14
Demented1
Established Contributor

Congrats @MudkipsRKooL on DS Delta Gold AmEx approval...tell her to enjoy the card and HUGE SL! Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.